IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer... who even knows any mo

Hawaii, no. I don't see that there is that great of a lifestyle to be had there. You can be a broke surfer a lot of other places with less effort. However, I do value simplicity in life.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer... who even knows any mo

Because its closer to the source of all things JDM?
Hey that works too :)

Hawaii, no. I don't see that there is that great of a lifestyle to be had there. You can be a broke surfer a lot of other places with less effort. However, I do value simplicity in life.
True, but man... is it nice.

I'll just get myself a Honda Ruckus and just work at Starbucks. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

There probably is, but man, Hawaii.

I can dream for a little bit. For now the dreams are of one day having my Sti back:rofl::lol:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer.Tried to sell me on a 50

Heard back from SOA... they offered to cover half the cost. heh Thanks.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer.Tried to sell me on a 50

Heard back from SOA... they offered to cover half the cost. heh Thanks.
why HALF? did they just pick a number that worked for them out of their asses? did they give you details on why?

I understand the engine was modified and really, half is not so bad, better than nothing, but not without justification

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

why HALF? did they just pick a number that worked for them out of their asses? did they give you details on why?

I understand the engine was modified and really, half is not so bad, better than nothing, but not without justification
That's what is killing me, they won't let me see the paper work or the pictures. They are basing all of this on assumptions.

Literally said it was an oiling issue, and then said the ECU appeared modified and ran outside of its designed parameters. If an engine is starved for oil at red line, there will be more than one rod bearing spun.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Lol I'd ask if I can put that money toward them having it towed to your builder / tuner. Honestly if my goes and km not 100% stock within warranty I'll just bypass the dealer

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

Lol I'd ask if I can put that money toward them having it towed to your builder / tuner. Honestly if my goes and km not 100% stock within warranty I'll just bypass the dealer
Exactly.

Luckily I'm personal friends with the builder. I sleep in a bed with him every day. It's me :rofl: haha

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Exactly.

Luckily I'm personal friends with the builder. I sleep in a bed with him every day. It's me :rofl: haha
damn. After reading the second sentence I got all excited. Thought maybe there was a chance you were involved with a smoking hot female engine builder...

one can only dream ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)

damn. After reading the second sentence I got all excited. Thought maybe there was a chance you were involved with a smoking hot female engine builder...

one can only dream ;)
I wish.

x10000000000000000 haha

Side note: Killer B oil pan/baffle/pick up are all on the block now. Almost go time. I have pictures, but I haven't had a chance to upload them. Been working a lot lately to pay for this debacle.

And I bought a new argon cylinder on Friday, sure as shit it's contaminated so I need to go back to the gas place today. C'est la vie!!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts

I wish.

x10000000000000000 haha

Side note: Killer B oil pan/baffle/pick up are all on the block now. Almost go time. I have pictures, but I haven't had a chance to upload them. Been working a lot lately to pay for this debacle.

And I bought a new argon cylinder on Friday, sure as shit it's contaminated so I need to go back to the gas place today. C'est la vie!!
Glad to hear things are progressing nicely :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Re: 2014 DGM Sti- *IAG*KillerB*

Well.. I got it back last night, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disheartened at the condition that it was left in, among other things. :crying:

Last night was pretty rough. Broken bolts, dirty Alcantara from the boxes they put on the seats, and a motor that never actually got torn down.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Stupid dickheads. This is why I probably won't take it to the dealer even if it's within my extended warranty. Im sure there's good dealers just like there's good and bad tuners etc but they aren't close to me and if I'm shipping the car its going to be to Maryland.

At least she's safe back with you again. I used to do only minimal work on my cars, especially with the STI under warranty. Multiple bad experiences led me to do almost exclusive work on my cars now. If it needs something I can't do like annual inspection or if I'm truly stumped, I go to an independent mechanic with some sense. It's sad that it has to be that way. I've learned to value actual reliability over warranty tenfold now, though luckily overall subaru reliability is very high.

What's the argon for, plasma cutting their mistakes off?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

I typically do all my own work, there isn't anything I don't have access to when it comes to tools (for the most part). I only did this, because the car is still under warranty.

The argon is to try and make more money TIG welding so I can pay for this mess. :-|

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

That's fair. I'm still on the fence if I'll take mine to Subaru if it blows while under warranty. On one hand I paid for it and I should use it, but on the other hand I don't know if it's worth the risk exposing it to arguably incompetent and/or apathetic individuals. I'd rather go ahead and have a working short block that I could sell when swapping out, but it may not be worth it. That, and I've seen so many times where Subaru took weeks and weeks to get the job done. I'd hate to go without the car all that time, then be without it even longer during the engine swap, and all the while it might even have new issues from its time at Subaru. It almost isn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

I recommend not taking it there. I'll have the pictures up soon... I'm going very much public with the retaliation that resulted from me refusing to have the car serviced by them

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

I've read too many similar posts where the dealer just boxed shit up once the consumer decided to go elsewhere rather than pay for a stock block...damaged parts, missing bits, stripped bolts, etc. All that damage and half the time you have a four figure bill to "repay" them for all that useless "work." No thx, I'd rather pay out of pocket than run that risk.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts

It really all depends which dealership; the one I deal with, has 2 guys who are heavy into modding sitting at the service desk. I was assured, not on the record and discretely, that if my engine blew and I brought the car back with stock parts and tune back on, that they would push a new shortblock through warranty. Luckily it never came to that, but just goes to show you its luck of the draw with how dealerships react. Sorry to hear that you got a crap one...

101 - 120 of 893 Posts