IW STi Forum banner
921 - 934 of 934 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #921 ·
Sooooo has anyone noticed that SuperPro inventory is a bit... weird? Or am I stupid. Looking for rear sway bar bushings and I feel like they are scarce. I believe the part number is
spf3108-<insert size here>

I also noticed Cygnus no longer carries SP at all :-/

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i dont think cygnus has carried super pro for a while now.

i'd look into ordering from super pro directly. or if you know the width of the bar you could likely just use whiteline or another brand bushing.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Sooooo has anyone noticed that SuperPro inventory is a bit... weird? Or am I stupid. Looking for rear sway bar bushings and I feel like they are scarce. I believe the part number is
spf3108-<insert size here>

I also noticed Cygnus no longer carries SP at all :-/
i dont think cygnus has carried super pro for a while now.

i'd look into ordering from super pro directly. or if you know the width of the bar you could likely just use whiteline or another brand bushing.
I actually used to buy a bunch of stuff from Geoff at Cygnus. Mainly SuperPro stuff, including sway bars. Last year I was in a bind trying to get an ELH and thus I reached out to him. He informed me of the supply chain issues at the time which was understandable given the situation. He also told me that Cygnus performance was focusing more on moving towards doing coilovers and suspension. I guess nowadays its just coil overs for them.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I actually used to buy a bunch of stuff from Geoff at Cygnus. Mainly SuperPro stuff, including sway bars. Last year I was in a bind trying to get an ELH and thus I reached out to him. He informed me of the supply chain issues at the time which was understandable given the situation. He also told me that Cygnus performance was focusing more on moving towards doing coilovers and suspension. I guess nowadays its just coil overs for them.
i hope he eventually gets more suspension stuff. i'd like to swap out all the bushings and really correct the geometry of the suspension on the car now. it's not terrible but some of the bushings are oem and have almost 150k on them lol. so much to address with the car, it's never ending haha

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 ·
I tend to agree, I'm very selective about what I buy on eBay. Something like bushings probably wouldn't be a big issue IMO, but things were quality is a concern is more important. Was looking at oil temp gauges and AEM is warning people about a heightened amount of knock offs on "3rd party" auction sites lol.

That all being said, I'm a slave to Amazon so if it's there, that's where I tend to buy stuff. I get 5% cash back, so that makes me feel nice :whistle:

·
Registered
222 Posts
i hope he eventually gets more suspension stuff. i'd like to swap out all the bushings and really correct the geometry of the suspension on the car now. it's not terrible but some of the bushings are oem and have almost 150k on them lol. so much to address with the car, it's never ending haha
If you need the codes for the superpro bushings and related suspension stuff, I probably still have them all somewhere from having bought all of those from Geoff a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I tend to agree, I'm very selective about what I buy on eBay. Something like bushings probably wouldn't be a big issue IMO, but things were quality is a concern is more important. Was looking at oil temp gauges and AEM is warning people about a heightened amount of knock offs on "3rd party" auction sites lol.

That all being said, I'm a slave to Amazon so if it's there, that's where I tend to buy stuff. I get 5% cash back, so that makes me feel nice :whistle:
i get that. but if it's not the same rubber and it is a knock off from ebay, it wont last very long. i'm just not a fan. (although i do order ALOT from amazon, just not car parts lol)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #934 ·
If you need the codes for the superpro bushings and related suspension stuff, I probably still have them all somewhere from having bought all of those from Geoff a couple years ago.
I'll keep that in mind. Hoping to inspect things soon - I'll be honest I even forgot what size sway bar I have back there :oops:

921 - 934 of 934 Posts