IW STi Forum banner

881 - 893 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
So now the question is, pull the motor, or drop the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
That’s what I was thinking too. I’ve always had it planned in the back of my mind.

I need to get my engine hoist from storage.

I pulled the TMIC and popped the fork, it does appear to be the TOB. Hard to confirm as there isn’t a whole lot to look at. But something is definitely going on. I suppose I should stop napping and start working again lol

This is one hell of a way to do the engine mounts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #884
I started messin’ with it today and decided I don’t have the time right now. Having a friend with a Subaru shop take care of it. Going to have the 4th cylinder cooling mod done as well.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I started messin’ with it today and decided I don’t have the time right now. Having a friend with a Subaru shop take care of it. Going to have the 4th cylinder cooling mod done as well.

I just recently saw this for the first time. This is a thing? Is there evidence to support a hot cylinder 4?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #887
Yeah, I honestly had very little intention of doing it, and certainly have enough other things that need to happen. But the overall feedback has been positive. Dom is pretty well respected among "the groups" lol.

My car rarely ever see's coolant temps over 200, even on hot days. So either the thermostat just stays open all the time or... it's super efficient :-D

Also below video(Which i'll be honest, I haven't watched until today lol)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I see... Well, I may give it a shot. Of course, I'm running all AN lines and fittings so I'll make it myself and don't see why you wouldn't just cap off the heater core feed and route from the head.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #889
Car is still down. Got to drive a rental Q5 while on a trip to Saratoga Springs it was kinda nice. Made me think "gee... I sure hate my Subaru right now" LOL

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
Good news bad news.
Got the car back finally, Clutch is installed it's pretty nice - got 1k miles for break in and then I'll see how it really is.

I'll have to pull the motor myself anyways because there are some oil leaks that weren't mentioned or resolved (not sure why, and I can't even talk about it with out getting mad) at the wrist pin seal covers.

So yeah

Super glad I got the car back /sarcasm

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #893
Ended up getting it installed a couple weeks ago. Only took about 20 mins.
So far I really like it, has a great hand feel, maybe even too much lol. For the first week I found myself inexplicably petting the steering wheel. :lol: I think I prefer round wheels as opposed to D wheels.

My Sparco 323 in the poop car was the most ideal steering wheel IMO.

Old

New

Compare

881 - 893 of 893 Posts