IW STi Forum banner

861 - 880 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Feels decent. Lol I’ll probably set up some string to check the alignment this weekend. I wanted to do it yesterday but only had time to recheck with the toe plates before it started raining.

It came out to roughly 71 3/8” (or 70) front and rear of the front tire. (Maybe off 1/16”). I was really rushed.

I checked the rear too and I have a feeling there may be something fucky going on back there (in the past I’ve noticed there was an odd “ding” in the driver rear control arm).

Overall car steers really nice, especially considering I aligned it. Awful over cracks though. At 91k the suspension needs to receive some love. And I really need to install the rear subframe inserts.

Also side note, the clutch started engaging nicely again. I’m thinking it could be a hydraulic issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
Smoke tested the car, no leaks. I will probably get an adjustable regulator so I can actually put some real pressure into the manifold.

Clutch has been behaving mostly.

Steering feels pretty decent still. Getting used to it.

I did not get to set up string this weekend, spent most of it digging a trench so I can run some power and start welding again. My body is broken.

I got the ARK exhaust last week Tuesday, and I'll probably sit on it for like 3 years :lol::lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts
So I ended up getting a video of my clutch juddering. It kind of comes and goes. Maybe engine mounts?!

movie
Yes I would say engine mounts.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
Yeah, I think I'll replace those and see if the judder changes. I think the Perrin mounts are just a GM 1036 trans mount.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
Ordered one mount on Amazon to verify it's the correct one. The Perrin design lends them to being changed pretty easily.

If I can get into my driveway this weekend I will probably knock it out Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
Overall I like the Perrins a lot. Though I don't remember the install very well since it was a while ago, I believe I don't even have to lift the motor more than 1/2' to get the old rubber out and the new in it's place.

Biggest battle I'm fighting is road construction, it appears I won't have access to my driveway until sometime late Saturday (If I'm lucky).

I got the new rubber yesterday and it does appear to be correct. I didn't get to check on the car because I'm parked on the street now. lol

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #872
ohh yeah. she trashed haha

Other side wasn’t as bad but I ordered a replacement for that as well. Was going to do it this weekend but it’s a little more involved than I was planning. I can’t get excited about pulling the TMIC again

Probably next weekend.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Other side wasn’t as bad but I ordered a replacement for that as well. Was going to do it this weekend but it’s a little more involved than I was planning. I can’t get excited about pulling the TMIC again

Probably next weekend.

Lol, yea, I have been struggling with the same motivation... seems easy to find something else that requires attention every weekend. I guess I will have to stop postponing and just do it. For me it will be engine mounts, tranny and pitch stop.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #874
Lol, yea, I have been struggling with the same motivation... seems easy to find something else that requires attention every weekend. I guess I will have to stop postponing and just do it. For me it will be engine mounts, tranny and pitch stop.

It’s weird I’ve actually been pretty motivated to work on it. But I’m trying to get set up to weld at home now so I’ve been trying to get things in order for that too.

I didn’t even think about the pitch stop mount needing to be loosened up and that means the silly tmic needs to come off.

Then sometimes I get real wild in my thoughts... If I’ve gotta pull the tmic, I should just pull the motor and install a new clutch and the rotated setup(which I’ve had for two years now). I also have a spare set of w25’s I was gonna send to head games to get worked on. But at that point should I just go closed deck?!

I need to stop it snow balls so quickly lol

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #875
And just so I can prove I DID think about working on it

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #877
Apparently it's the thought that counts, because although I did not replace the rubber in the engine mounts, the car drove really nice this morning.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
Soooo I’m pretty sure something is broken. Possibly the TOB.

I love my car.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #879 (Edited)
Soooo I’m pretty sure something is broken. Possibly the TOB.

I love my car.

If you look very closely you’ll see a broken Subaru trying to hide its shame behind a some blades of tall grass. It’s natural habitat.

861 - 880 of 893 Posts