IW STi Forum banner

841 - 860 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What brand plugs? I was experiencing that with Denso's. First time in my life...was scary AF until I figured out what it was. Haven't had a problem with NGK's.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #845
What brand plugs? I was experiencing that with Denso's. First time in my life...was scary AF until I figured out what it was. Haven't had a problem with NGK's.

NGK 2309’s I think I gapped them at .028 when I put them in. The last time I changed them they opened up too. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #847
I gap E85 plugs around .024", to start. Tighten the gap as needed. I think we ran .010" on the SHO last weekend.

.038" was likely blowing out.

I’m gonna do this. I just got the new plugs. Kinda proud I got them out in 45 mins lol. Only got burned once or twice

Turned out to be .036” all of them right about the same. .010” is crazy small that’s wild to even think about.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #849
that last one kind of looks like detonation. but it might just be a bit lean.

It looks funky right? I’m not sure what the deal is. It’s not corroded away or anything, but it’s definitely frosted

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #850
Car seemed to do well today. But I’ll reserve actual judgement until I get a few more drives in.

Also temporary installed an AEM x series oil pressure gauge. The PLX(resistance type VDO style) seems to be getting flakey. I have them installed in a tee so I can compare.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #853
Also, did some research into my plugs - it's considered ash fouling which is from oil in the combustion chamber. (Coming from the intake tract) Which makes sense because I've noticed some oil film

Going to be checking the AOS to make sure it's functioning proper and that the oil drain isn't clogged or kinked.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #854
ANNNNNND the power steering pump started whining this morning LOL

When it rains, it pours. :lol:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mines been whining for awhile now.

I replaced the seal on my rack about a year ago and its leaking again.

Fucking ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #856
Mines been whining for awhile now.

I replaced the seal on my rack about a year ago and its leaking again.

Fucking ridiculous.

Ughhhh!! You got a 2015+ rack or still OE? I have a 2015 waiting to go in. I’m just... lazy.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ughhhh!! You got a 2015+ rack or still OE? I have a 2015 waiting to go in. I’m just... lazy.

just my OE 2012.

Didn't want to spend the money last year on a new one so I got the seal.

Guess I know what Im doing this winter

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #858
That sucks. Did you do the seal on your own?

I did confirm the fluid is low, so I suspect the rack is leaking. Although I don’t see any drips I’m guessing it’s only under turning.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #860
2015 rack is in - will take some getting used to since I've driven the car 90K with the sloppy economy rack lol.

No more one handed sliding corners for now.

841 - 860 of 893 Posts