IW STi Forum banner

821 - 840 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very Nice build man, its really matching my build plans that I was looking towards.

How many miles have you ran on this currently? Just curious. Also have you did any head work? Porting/Valves/Cams?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
Very Nice build man, its really matching my build plans that I was looking towards.

How many miles have you ran on this currently? Just curious. Also have you did any head work? Porting/Valves/Cams?
Thanks! So far it's been pretty nice. No head work, but cams would probably really wake it up in the top end. Just ticked 30K miles on the motor itself, and 21k of those were at the current power level.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #823
Bought some trunnion bushings for the shifter to see what the deal is there. Car is sitting around 76K miles now. 30 K on the motor.

Going to hopefully be installing the Superpro front bushings for the control arms and then the steering rack soon. Probably around the next time I have it on the lift for an oil change. Also started work on the *real* project car. Pics in bound!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
Where'd you end up on this? If you completed, how'd it go?
I didn't get a chance to run through the stupid classes yet, my buddy took it too for a customer car we had at the shop and it took him 3.5 hrs ish. Says the most interesting is the Cobb Special Features, everything else is just kind of running through the processes. We've tuned multiple cars on MS, and now he's done MaXX ECU as well, and it's stupid simple.

OEM stuff tends to be a lot more convoluted and there is a table for a lot of different situations.

I just picked up a long term welding side gig and depending on volume I may never have time for anything again :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #828
This still runs.

Not sure how.

I replaced the pedal assembly last week and installed an ITS pedal brace. My hack job fix on the old pedal assembly didn't last more than a week. LOL

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #830
No firewall issues yet, thankfully! I have the Brake Master Cylinder, and Clutch master braces (have had for a long time now actually) and figured since I was in there replacing the pedal assembly, may as well beef it up a little more if I can. So I ordered the ITS brace and it was waiting when I got back from vacation.

Really just preventative stuff. I did check the welds though, because I was having awful squeaking noises - At 90K miles still no firewall issues, so hopefully the braces are what's keeping things from getting silly on me. :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #832
I've really been itching to do something to the car lately... been looking at ARK catbacks.

I'm still running the SPT. I really should either sell the rotated setup or install it. I'm a literal mess :-D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #833
Bored, so I figured I’d post some pics.

This was repairing the pedal assembly lol

32psi spike

GoPro mount for the hell of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've really been itching to do something to the car lately... been looking at ARK catbacks.

I'm still running the SPT. I really should either sell the rotated setup or install it. I'm a literal mess :-D

The arks look good from afar but they may not be the greatest. There have been a couple of post and people on here that have complained about the welds on the ark catbacks. Specifically the extra part (resonator/second muffler?) that's attached to the main muffler.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #835
The arks look good from afar but they may not be the greatest. There have been a couple of post and people on here that have complained about the welds on the ark catbacks. Specifically the extra part (resonator/second muffler?) that's attached to the main muffler.
Damn, well I'll find out in a week or two when it comes :lol:

I guess if it's not up to par, I can fix it myself. I'd rather not, but they are having a 35% off sale on it now, so it was like $1100 out the door.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Did your car squeak all the time with the clutch?

mine is squeaking, but only when its warm. if I get in the car after its been sitting all night and push the clutch its fine

I checked my firewall welds a few weeks ago and none were broken.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #837
Did your car squeak all the time with the clutch?

mine is squeaking, but only when its warm. if I get in the car after its been sitting all night and push the clutch its fine

I checked my firewall welds a few weeks ago and none were broken.
Mine wasn't heat related, but it was allllll the time.

Hit this link and check your pedal assembly. The place you're going to want to look is in the area where the clutch master rod connects to the whole assembly. I have a few videos of the noise, but Tapatalk doesn't do video hosting, only photos :-(

This is someone elses picture, but it's the exact spot mine cracked in too.

How To: WRX 08-14 Pedal Assembly Removal and Installation - NASIOC

The other thing it could be, which was recommended to me by someone else is the clutch pivot needing grease. If you have someone pres the clutch in a whole bunch of times and pop your head under the hood, you would probably be able to identify very quickly (with out a TMIC) if it was the clutch pivot. The amount of things that can squeak in these cars is mind numbing LOL.

The other thing I had squeaking was my driver seat. There is a little bit of plastic on the front of it that rubs on the leather part of the seat and it makes a very audible squeak. I ended up trimming mine back, and it's one of the best free things I've done in recent past.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #838
Been having a weird intermittent miss under load full boost. No cel, no indicator of any sort. Decided it could be spark blow out. Pulled one plug and it’s opened up to about .038 so I guess that’s feasible. Lol

Around 38k On these LFR7’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #839
Another new and fun issue, clutch shudder when taking off in 1st. :)

Not sure if it's me or the clutch's death rattle. Coming up on 40k for that

821 - 840 of 893 Posts