781 - 800 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
So I went to replace the fuel
Pump today. Got my new one yesterday.

Pulled the hanger out.

Pulled the hanger apart.

Annnnnnd the feed line connection inside the hanger (clipped) was not clipped in and was crooked.

Normally I would say install error, and that I'm a dumbass. But it lasted just over 10k miles before being an issue?! So I'm not sure what happened there. But I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Sucks that I bought a new pump, but I guess I can have a spare or sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome, easy fix(once you found it). But, why not just return the pump? Is it unopened?
You mean, get that damn GTX on it haha. Thatssss gonna be a little bit

lame

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
That's awesome, easy fix(once you found it). But, why not just return the pump? Is it unopened?

lame
I bought it from a buddy, who would probably take it back. But I was thinking about keeping it just in case the pump does fail. Because now I'm paranoid about it lol

I know I'm lame

I want to redo the fuel lines, and get an aftermarket regulator as well. When I get be car tuned for the GtX I'll need more from the injectors so I'll need to bump the base pressure.

Also want to send the up pipe to get coated so it looks pretty :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Joebie forgot to let you know that the gen 2 gtx3576r maxed my block. Lol now im stuck at 550whp at 28psi untill close deck and built heads. ????

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #787
That header is beautiful, pics upone arrival plz ������
I will :cool:

You make me want a Dom 2.5
I sometimes wish it was less perceptibly laggy.

Joebie forgot to let you know that the gen 2 gtx3576r maxed my block. Lol now im stuck at 550whp at 28psi untill close deck and built heads. ????

Damn!!! That's both awesome and a bummer at the same time LOL.

Did you post a graph??

Close deck :( My one main regret currently. Oh and the head studs. :confused: :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
I will :cool:

I sometimes wish it was less perceptibly laggy.

Damn!!! That's both awesome and a bummer at the same time LOL.

Did you post a graph??

Close deck :( My one main regret currently. Oh and the head studs. :confused: :p
Tuner says he would have about 5+ or more psi out of it with closed deck. But i havent posted a graph yet until we can really get her to scream. 32+psi is the goal.

With the relief of back pressure with the 35r hotside and .82 a/r vbanded, she def is nicer to drive in the lower rpms. Breathes heck of a lot better. Spool wise she is a tiny bit lazy compared to the 1.5xtr but i was wringing that thing out at the same boost levels 28psi.

Off boost response is awesome but the lag is def noticeable. Pulls like a freight train cracking tires loose all the way to 7k once it does though.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Tuner says he would have about 5+ or more psi out of it with closed deck. But i havent posted a graph yet until we can really get her to scream. 32+psi is the goal.

With the relief of back pressure with the 35r hotside and .82 a/r vbanded, she def is nicer to drive in the lower rpms. Breathes heck of a lot better. Spool wise she is a tiny bit lazy compared to the 1.5xtr but i was wringing that thing out at the same boost levels 28psi.

Off boost response is awesome but the lag is def noticeable. Pulls like a freight train cracking tires loose all the way to 7k once it does though. Image Link

This is the kind of shit that makes me want to keep my car. Ughmmff.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #790

Off boost response is awesome but the lag is def noticeable. Pulls like a freight train cracking tires loose all the way to 7k once it does though. Image Link

Same, this 2.5XTR has got to be beyond maxed.

This is the kind of shit that makes me want to keep my car. Ughmmff.
NOW THAT'S THE SHIT I LIKE!! :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
LOL! Steering rack, and rear diff bushings (may opt for the full version now), trans/diff fluid.

All the stuff I've been neglecting.

Still acquiring parts for the rotated swap. That's going to be a slow process. I'm guessing Spring 2018.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Meh. that aint that far away. keep on chuggin! Hopefully we will see that thing doing 10s soon. Im still bummed that i cant get into this 3576r's sweet spot because of the stock sleeves.

She does well on 28-30 lbs but she REALLY shines 32psi+. I shat myself on a run we did on 35 psi target on e85. Cracked all four loose and scared the kid in the focus RS next to me.

keep us updated!

781 - 800 of 893 Posts