IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Re: 2014 DGM Sti - Rocks in a can. :( - Stage 2 Tuff ordered

Very *SMART* idea! I think a lot of my purchases were done online, so I can look back at order history - I hope :eek:
even better! You got e-mails with each purchase so just find those and print them out and keep them all together :p

good luck, keep us updated. I'd probably have SOA rebuild if they warrantied it, then remove new engine, sell to recoup on your built engine costs :p

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

I'm starting to wonder if the oil pickup tube cracked or what actually happened.:confused:

Edit: Maybe an oil pump failure. Just weird.
Unlikely and unlikely...

Not surprised that they'll try to find any way of blaming you. Also, you'd be amazed at what a politely (yet strongly) worded email to Subaru's CEO will do...something about flagship car, disappointed, and lost trust in reliability.

[email protected]

I've done it before...gets forwarded to your regional dealer support. Had it happen at work, once. Customer got our CEO's email and my group (and I) got the pleasure of handling it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

I will look into that for sure, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Supposedly I'll be hearing back today.

Updates when I get them...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

Pictures coming realllll soon. Got my Killer-B Pan/pickup/baffle bundle earlier this week. Sold my Grimmspeed AOS.

Oh and Subaru called yesterday. I was, ofcourse, sleeping. Called them back as soon as I saw it, and go figure they're GONE for the day. :-(

So I guess today is the day I find out.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Talked to the dealer... I need to call SOA on my own. :bs:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

A little more expanded info:

Essentially, the dealer says SOA won't authorize the tear down because it appears as though the ECU was flashed. Because of this, I need to authorize it, because if SOA doesn't cover it, I will need to pay for the labor = $1000 (I nearly shat my new pants, because I normally do my own labor, for everything). So that's where I'm at now.

I guess the irritation is magnified, because it's been almost a full month to hear bad news. Especially when I've been patient, and provided them all the information they've asked for.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

fuck it dude...take that car out of there! You have an engine on the way anyways...do your own tear-down, salvage what you can and sell it to lessen the blow of the new mods!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

fuck it dude...take that car out of there! You have an engine on the way anyways...do your own tear-down, salvage what you can and sell it to lessen the blow of the new mods!
That is most likely what will end up happening, although, I will attempt to argue this one with them. Mostly because they should be tearing the engine apart to determine fault anyways.

If at that point, they want to claim it's still my fault, then fine. Nothing much I can do at that point, and I'll be picking my car up. They've had my car for a month now, which is even more ridiculous - I've been more than patient. I have 2 friends, same engine, blown (one of them twice) none of them took this long to get a response on coverage.

At any rate I will be expressing my feelings to them regarding how this whole process went.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

Thought I caught a killer deal on some TGV deletes - negative. They were for an 04 :-(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Diy the deletes... Doesn't take much.
Yeah, actually someone posted a link to a write up on it. I will be looking into it for sure. I just figured if I could have scored them at the sale price of 250, it would be worth it. :lol:

3 more things to buy

-Gates timing belt kit (non-racing)
-11mm Oil pump
-Fluidampr crank pulley

I almost feel like, while the car is just sitting at the dealer I should go over and pull the heads and have them worked over. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

Yeah, actually someone posted a link to a write up on it. I will be looking into it for sure. I just figured if I could have scored them at the sale price of 250, it would be worth it. :lol:

3 more things to buy

-Gates timing belt kit (non-racing)
-11mm Oil pump
-Fluidampr crank pulley

I almost feel like, while the car is just sitting at the dealer I should go over and pull the heads and have them worked over. :rofl:
Just picked up the regular gates belt kit myself. Was going back and forth between that and the oem subaru kit that cost 400$ more. Think I made the right call since gates is so well reviewed and cost so much less; a couple bad reviews about the gates tensioner had me nervous.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

Just picked up the regular gates belt kit myself. Was going back and forth between that and the oem subaru kit that cost 400$ more. Think I made the right call since gates is so well reviewed and cost so much less; a couple bad reviews about the gates tensioner had me nervous.
Do you have a date in mind for the swap? I was planning end of February, but I may push it a little. Depends on if I can get my "other" car running. Lol

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

Do you have a date in mind for the swap? I was planning end of February, but I may push it a little. Depends on if I can get my "other" car running. Lol
Scheduled for feb 8th, should take 2-3 weeks to get my car back, then break in time.

Who will be doing your stage 2 tuff (fine taste in blocks btw) install?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Scheduled for feb 8th, should take 2-3 weeks to get my car back, then break in time.

Who will be doing your stage 2 tuff (fine taste in blocks btw) install?

I'll be doing it. I'm lucky in the fact that I have a fully equipped shop for the most part. I will be having the heads done by a local place, just going to have them cleaned up for now.

I've debated maybe porting them before having them looked over, but I'm waffling right now.

My main concern right now is this stupid turbo. If it was truly a rod bearing that was the culprit, there is going to be metal in everything, and I didn't have plans to upgrade just yet since I'm broke :rofl: So that may delay things for me a little bit. :mad:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

The other thing I'm waffling on is switching to MAP based.

·
Registered
497 Posts

i wouldnt chance it. just go new.... it will not give you the worry...

61 - 80 of 893 Posts