IW STi Forum banner

361 - 380 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
The hard part is, it's impossible to troubleshoot the FF codes until the functionality is flashed on the AP :confused:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
As far as I know they gave up on the OTS option for flex fuel as it required too many variables to be specific to each car. :-/

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Had the Cobb FF sensor pop 3 times in a row a couple of days ago. Lot's of swearing commenced.

I have an e-mail out to Cobb and Jr about it.

I was able to hit about 13.8 MPG over a full tank LOL

Hit 31.31 PSI on the way into work today, major benefit to being up at 3:30 AM and leaving for work at 4. :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Had the Cobb FF sensor pop 3 times in a row a couple of days ago. Lot's of swearing commenced.

I have an e-mail out to Cobb and Jr about it.

I was able to hit about 13.8 MPG over a full tank LOL

Hit 31.31 PSI on the way into work today, major benefit to being up at 3:30 AM and leaving for work at 4. :)
Rough life.

Also, you and these issues man.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
It's really irritating to have to clear the codes 3 times in a row. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Fairly uneventful weekend for me, which isn't a bad thing. But the GTO I've built some things for suffered a catastrophic failure. It looks like the wrist pin clip walked out on one side and then it kind of spiraled down from there: :(

This makes some of my worst days seem not so bad.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Replaced the old DAC with the new DAC that Cobb sent :-( Had the two codes pop twice this morning.

So frustrating.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Replaced the old DAC with the new DAC that Cobb sent :-( Had the two codes pop twice this morning.

So frustrating.
Are you getting the Cobb1 and Cobb 2 codes? Sensor voltage low or high.

I had issues with at first and Brentuning was able to fix this.

I see you have TGV deleted so those inputs should be duplicated in the ROM setup. Also the the sensor is a 0.5V-4.5V so the fault tolerances will need to be set to ~ 0.3V to 4.8V to prevent any faults. This is all done in the COBB accesstuner ROM software. Hope this helps and you get those codes fixed.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Are you getting the Cobb1 and Cobb 2 codes? Sensor voltage low or high.

I had issues with at first and Brentuning was able to fix this.

I see you have TGV deleted so those inputs should be duplicated in the ROM setup. Also the the sensor is a 0.5V-4.5V so the fault tolerances will need to be set to ~ 0.3V to 4.8V to prevent any faults. This is all done in the COBB accesstuner ROM software. Hope this helps and you get those codes fixed.
I will ping Jr. about it, but I know another member was having issues as well, so I was assuming Jr. would have had it set that way already.

I e-mailed Cobb back this morning to let them know the issue is still on going. I'll wait to see what they say and then hit Jr. up about the voltage tolerance, and then possibly swapping the inputs. (Was hoping not to have to do that, because I'm worried about the fuel pressure sensor throwing codes then. LOL)

·
Registered
584 Posts
I will ping Jr. about it, but I know another member was having issues as well, so I was assuming Jr. would have had it set that way already.

I e-mailed Cobb back this morning to let them know the issue is still on going. I'll wait to see what they say and then hit Jr. up about the voltage tolerance, and then possibly swapping the inputs. (Was hoping not to have to do that, because I'm worried about the fuel pressure sensor throwing codes then. LOL)

You'll get errors if they do not set the voltage tolerances properly. If you have both tgv signals duplicated and properly scaled. It'll be no issue. I have the Cobb flex fuel setup and stock TGV without any issues.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Yeah, I did read that also, but I'm pretty sure Jr. know's about that, as I've seen him deal with it on other people's cars.

I did get a reply back from Cobb, and Jr as well. So we are working through it. Cobb, is having him increase the delay on the sensor reading to see if that changes anything.

They(Cobb) also suggested it could be a ground issue with the phenolic spacers. I don't personally feel like that's an issue as everything else runs fine, but I did add an extra ground from the manifold to the block just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Great numbers!

What psi/afr/timing u pushing on that e85 pull? Did I read right about u doing 30 psi on your drive to work?! Lol

Sorry to read about your codes popping, hope u get it sorted.

How's that iag stage 2 tuff block holding up?
I haven't run any logs on afr/timing (and don't have a log of those pulls on the dyno.)

Yeah, I had two dummies playing games with each other in front of me, and I was all about to put some distance on that. Luckily the majority of my drive is open road because I leave so early. I have seen one of the cars since that incident, and he stayed behind me the whole time. :lol:

So far the engine is doing great! I don't beat on it too frequent, but it is daily driven, and the majority of the time I'm in S# because I like the snappy throttle.

I replaced my battery with an Optima Red top this weekend, and I haven't had my codes pop since, so I'm waiting patiently to see what happens there. I would be more than happy to tell Jr. and Cobb that it's all good LOL

Only issue other than that, currently, is cold starts are a real challenge with E85(Ambient this morning was 28 F). This morning it took 4 starts to get it to stay running and I was pedaling it. I have been bumping the idle up 100RPMs on the AP to get it to smooth out.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Probably ordering new engine mounts soon(RSD is running their discount early, it would seem), I think my oil pan has touched my cross member a couple of times or something. :confused:

Perhaps the biggest news is that I sourced some dead heads :lol: for putting on my old motor so I can mock-up and build the rotated setup for next season.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Always nice to smoke some nubs on the road. With 2 kids in the car a lot lately, I have had
to show great restraint on every civic that pulls up next to me and revs...

Glad to hear the engine doing well. I was unaware that e85 could give some startup issues.
Are you using thicker oil?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
Always nice to smoke some nubs on the road. With 2 kids in the car a lot lately, I have had
to show great restraint on every civic that pulls up next to me and revs...

Glad to hear the engine doing well. I was unaware that e85 could give some startup issues.
Are you using thicker oil?
Yeah, I'm usually pretty reserved, mostly because I don't want to spend money on the ticket. I know what you mean about having kids in the car though, my Ex had a son - and he lovvvved boost LOL. It was very hard not to oblige that at times

I'm using 5w40 currently (Rotella T6)

361 - 380 of 893 Posts