IW STi Forum banner

301 - 320 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Re: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 297HP/358TQ

Nah, it's the 2.4" inlet. I caught a MAJOR deal on this turbo which is why I decided to pull the trigger on it.

That was pretty easy LOL

I have an AMR hard inlet to install too. I already know that's going to be fun :rofl:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

Nah, it's the 2.4" inlet. I caught a MAJOR deal on this turbo which is why I decided to pull the trigger on it.

That was pretty easy LOL

I have an AMR hard inlet to install too. I already know that's going to be fun :rofl:
Ouch. :lol:

Its at least a good time to so a set of TGV's and phenloic spacers. So there's a silver lining for you.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #306

Back from Florida! Woot!

Anyways, before I left, we did get the clutch done and installed - but the engagement point is SUPER low. Like maybe less than an inch off the floor - is that normal?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

hmm I think it depends on the clutch. When i put an Excedy stage 2 clutch on my Cobalt (before owning my STI), the engagement point was literally right off the ground and clutch was pretty hard to press in. I did get used to it more or less. But still I would go for a more OEM feel if I were to upgrade the STI. Not sure if the model of clutch you got is supposed to have an OEM feel to it; perhaps some adjustment is required. Have you also installed an aftermarket clutch brace? probably a good idea if you are going with a more aggressive clutch which may increase wear on those welds between firewall and OEM clutch brace.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

Back from Florida! Woot!

Anyways, before I left, we did get the clutch done and installed - but the engagement point is SUPER low. Like maybe less than an inch off the floor - is that normal?
Just double check your clutch fork pin is correctly installed and same with the fork.

Worst cause, adjust your clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #309

hmm I think it depends on the clutch. When i put an Excedy stage 2 clutch on my Cobalt (before owning my STI), the engagement point was literally right off the ground and clutch was pretty hard to press in. I did get used to it more or less. But still I would go for a more OEM feel if I were to upgrade the STI. Not sure if the model of clutch you got is supposed to have an OEM feel to it; perhaps some adjustment is required. Have you also installed an aftermarket clutch brace? probably a good idea if you are going with a more aggressive clutch which may increase wear on those welds between firewall and OEM clutch brace.
Yup, I have the Circuit Motorsports brace. As far as how stiff the clutch is, it isn't too bad. It's just hard to get any kind of rhythm down for timing. Also it's hard as hell to smoothly do the 1-2 shift LOL. I look like a noob driver now :lol:

Just double check your clutch fork pin is correctly installed and same with the fork.

Worst cause, adjust your clutch pedal.
I think we biffed the pin initially, as the clutch wouldn't return off the floor. I'm going to try bleeding it and hope that changes things. Also going to swap over to my stainless line Good lord it's a chore to drive this thing at the moment LOL

On a positive note, it is GRABBY as all hell - so that's good. :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #310

Flex fuel stuff comes in on Wednesday!!!!!!!

But I'm having problems scheduling tune time... I've been asking for the last few months to get some kind of guesstimate on dates only to be ignored or pushed off. Starting to get frustrated.:mad::(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #311

My up pipe sold which means I can afford the new BOV LOL. Going to go with the TIAL QR.

Flex fuel stuff came in.

Still can't seem to get anyone to contact me about tuning the car, however. Who knew it would be so hard to give money away. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #312

Picturesssssss:

I want it gold!

Taking some time to enjoy the last of the warm days we have left :-(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #313

Either the clutch is easing up on me, or I'm sucking less. Hope the trend continues.

Side note: The tracking # for my BOV got cancelled out....:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #314 (Edited)

Can confirm, Torque Solutions Tial TMIC adapter doesn't work as one would expect.

Going to make my own.:mad:

Mileage as of this morning!

Just a hair over 7000 on the motor now

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #315

To do before tune:(I'm sure I'm missing something)
  • Install Flex Fuel kit
  • Weld bung on TMIC
  • Make intake
  • Install hard inlet
  • Install AEM 320
  • Direct wire pump
  • Install EBCS
  • Install MAP sensor
  • Install BOV/Create flange
I still haven't heard anything from P&L about a tuning date, and at this point I almost feel like it's sorely inconvenient for me to even contact them since I keep getting pushed off. This makes it really hard to plan to get some of these things installed as I'm currently driving the car.

So with that said, I know Jr flashed a flex fuel enabled tune onto my AP(I can see the options to monitor are available on the AP), I should be able to install the whole kit with out an issue, right? I assume he uses the default inputs, unless there is an issue.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

I'm still waiting for Junior to give his schedule to Prime in NJ, maybe he is planning a vacation or something :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #317

Are you shooting for October or November ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #318 (Edited)

Alright, finally got a date/time set: October 25 10AM. :eek:

Now onto the panic of getting everything setup.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #320

Dude, the things I would do get a tune from JJ. Why are all the good tuners on the East Coast. :'(
If you can get enough people together who need to get tuned, I know he has gone to places before. (Although that was Alaska) Worth a shot.

301 - 320 of 893 Posts