IW STi Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2,142 Posts
when I did run that setup, i did have an ebcs and a protune. the previous owner had a cobb ots map, i ran that for like 4 days of ownership and had it pro tuned. so possibly it could have been a tune issue. regardless i never saw any creep, nor would i have been worried about it on a stock turbo, since they cant really hold boost anyway.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What did you boost to karlot just out of curiosity. Idk what you mean by holding boost either

Here's a pic consisting of 5000 data points at 0 wgdc kind of interesting.
Red indicates values over the stock boost lvl
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

The stage 1 tune i found and previously posted is definitely going to be closer to what I need
hopefully ill get through a few more of the tables I'm comparing with the base tune tn
Colorfulness Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

· Registered
2,142 Posts
at that time i was running 21psi. and by hold, i mean a stock turbo will NOT hold that much boost, it'll spike up and taper off by redline. I think i was able to get like 14-16psi at redline pending the temp outside (had separate summer/winter tunes).

to make it a little simpler i'd hit 21psi, and at 5k ish rpm it would start to make less boost, by the time it hit the 7k rpm redline, i'd be making 14-16psi, the stock turbo would not hold more than that without modification.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I didn't see any videos of how people generally mount their boost sensors. So I 3d printed a little housing.

I think it turned out pretty well. If anyone wants to let me know how they mounted there's that would be awesome.

I just need some Teflon, and then I can hook everything up. I bought the vacuum line today

(3d print in the bottom right corner)

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Triangle House Art Font Logo

· Registered
2,142 Posts
What are everyone's thoughts of top feed vs. side feed injectors ? I believe the 2013 sti has top feed

I'm considering doing a tgv delete / fuel rails / lines

You’ll need top feed with a 2013, you are correct that it’s factory equipped with top feed. Top also offers more options than sidefeed for injectors. Do not try to swap to sidefeeds.

and keep in mind, tgvs are an emissions item, you will not be able to tune for deletes with cobb,you might be able to with ecu tek, and definitely with opensource or a standalone system. But you’ll want to check with the tuner first to ensure your tuner will actually do the tune. Most wont for liability issues.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I almost wanna do the whole fuel system at the same time, but all I really want is the rails, lines

I doubt a brand matters much for the tgv's. But in terms of rails and lines, what's the best ? Have you ever heard of aeromotive

I would get the cobb pressure regulator a slightly bigger fuel pump and slightly bigger injectors. But I don't wanna tune that, lol

No problem turning off the tgv cel, thou

· Registered
2,142 Posts
I almost wanna do the whole fuel system at the same time, but all I really want is the rails, lines

I doubt a brand matters much for the tgv's. But in terms of rails and lines, what's the best ? Have you ever heard of aeromotive

I would get the cobb pressure regulator a slightly bigger fuel pump and slightly bigger injectors. But I don't wanna tune that, lol

No problem turning off the tgv cel, thou

True. Are rails and lines needed for you? What is the setup/power etc. and what fuel are you running?
For rails and lines I personally vote iag, although plenty of others are quality, including aeromotive, I have heard of them but just don’t see many running them anymore. They used to be more popular than they are now. But they work.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm running 93 octane. Or 91 on occasion, but I try not to. I have a stage 1 tune, and tbh I have no idea how much power it makes

But I want to reduce some of the stumble area. I don't like seeing it. You can literally look at the load comp table and see where it's happening

Mechanical fix > tune fix always
Thanks for the input. Iag have good components in general

· Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm running 93 octane. Or 91 on occasion, but I try not to. I have a stage 1 tune, and tbh I have no idea how much power it makes

But I want to reduce some of the stumble area. I don't like seeing it. You can literally look at the load comp table and see where it's happening

Mechanical fix > tune fix always
Thanks for the input. Iag have good components in general

Talk to a tuner. At most you’ll want a fuel pressure regulator. Unlikely you need anything but a tune with those mods.

edit: I ran ALOT more mods(Fbo with stock turbo+header) and never had any fueling issues with the oem fuel system. Protuned of course.

· Super Moderator
9,576 Posts
Edit above. You should not need rails and lines on a stock turbo.

@yamahaSHO correct me If I’m wrong
Correct. I've seen many people having been told to buy all these parts and install and the problem still isn't fixed... But then I can fix it on an entirely stock fuel system, most of the time. Some cars do benefit from a damper and/or regulator.

He's who I actually want to do the tune, lol. He seems the most experienced tbh.

Just replied to your e-mail. I will have to ask for your patience over the next week or two due to having my entire house jacked up.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hypothetically @yamahaSHO if I wanted to redo the seals on my injectors to make sure the car was 100% before a tune

&&&& bc of this, I also want to do tgv's, rails, and fuel lines. Since I'll have it ripped apart.

Would the rails and fuel lines screw with anything other than the maf scaling / load comp? If even that

I still want you to tune it. But like I'm dailying the car rn. So if I need something changed in my current tune. I do my best

How's the house coming ? And I also replied to your mail

· Super Moderator
9,576 Posts
Hypothetically @yamahaSHO if I wanted to redo the seals on my injectors to make sure the car was 100% before a tune

&&&& bc of this, I also want to do tgv's, rails, and fuel lines. Since I'll have it ripped apart.

Would the rails and fuel lines screw with anything other than the maf scaling / load comp? If even that

I still want you to tune it. But like I'm dailying the car rn. So if I need something changed in my current tune. I do my best

How's the house coming ? And I also replied to your mail

When you say TGV's do you mean deletes? If that is the case, that is not something I can suppress.

For the house... It was supposed to be completed last week. It'll be going into next week, so...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts