IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wow congrats.

Remove the spark plugs and spin the engine by hand a couple of time to try and pump put all the water. Remove all the charge pipes and intercooler and clean them out with compressed air. Remove the exhaust system including the exhaust manifold and drain out any water. Replace the spark plugs, air filter, and change the oil. See if it will start and see how it runs. Maybe you will get lucky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didn’t just let the head gasket go, it bent a rod I can’t turn the engine it’s done I need a lb at least now I’m worried my turbo & cat is cooked but it shut right off while doing 130kph at 3000rpm in 6th gear lol
Metal came out of the oil/coolant from the drain plug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn’t just let the head gasket go, it bent a rod I can’t turn the engine it’s done I need a lb at least now I’m worried my turbo & cat is cooked but it shut right off while doing 130kph at 3000rpm in 6th gear lol
Metal came out of the oil/coolant from the drain plug

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ok. Sounds like you need to do a complete rebuild. Best of luck and hope it all works out.

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
It didn’t just let the head gasket go, . . . Metal came out of the oil/coolant from the drain plug

Why was ther metal in the oil from hydro-lock or bending a rod. There is something else really broken?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’d say it touched the cyl wall & shaved it but she’s at the machine shop I’ll know what happened 100% Friday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts