IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Saw your car on IAG's facebook so from the picture on the dyno I figured you went with a meth kit install. I'm also looking at the HFS-4 system. Probably end up doing that along with a tune at the end of next year. Your car looks amazing and obviously Jorge and the guy in Westminster did an excellent job. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Saw this car at IAG... First thing I asked was if it was ever driven yet, haha... Pretty serious build for sure. Loving the Process West, hopefully it performs as good as it looks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Saw this car at IAG... First thing I asked was if it was ever driven yet, haha... Pretty serious build for sure. Loving the Process West, hopefully it performs as good as it looks.
Yeah its been driven however, I haven't had a chance to open it up big time yet because of the weather :) It can get away from you pretty quick once that big turbo and meth kicks in!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah its been driven however, I haven't had a chance to open it up big time yet because of the weather :) It can get away from you pretty quick once that big turbo and meth kicks in!
Mind letting us know the cost? Or can you pm me? :) awesome ride I'm jealous lol!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Mind letting us know the cost? Or can you pm me? :) awesome ride I'm jealous lol!

No Exact numbers either way since it varies case by case but I will say ... however ,regarding my build, to get into the ball game ....around 30k

Just depends on what you want. I have seen some strong builds for dd around 12k and show cars for 150k .

Working with IAG , you get your moneys worth.

·
Registered
785 Posts
No Exact numbers either way since it varies case by case but I will say ... however ,regarding my build, to get into the ball game ....around 30k

Just depends on what you want. I have seen some strong builds for dd around 12k and show cars for 150k .

That is an insane number lol. Especially pretty much right after picking up the keys and driving it to IAG almost immediately. Either way mad props to you becausei know my build will never reach these numbers. Awesome car!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

I would say 25-30k is within that range :) I spaced it out in a span of 5 years where it was rotated kit --> added meth --> got longblock built --> longblock sat for 2 years --> swap longblock in after I got bored with the power.

Definitely worth going to IAG since they have a 1 year/12k mile warranty on their longblock so you are protected from short-term failures. A built engine running past 12k will run a long time with proper maintenance.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would say 25-30k is within that range :) I spaced it out in a span of 5 years where it was rotated kit --> added meth --> got longblock built --> longblock sat for 2 years --> swap longblock in after I got bored with the power.

Definitely worth going to IAG since they have a 1 year/12k mile warranty on their longblock so you are protected from short-term failures. A built engine running past 12k will run a long time with proper maintenance.
Will they build a long block and just hang on to it until you're ready to drop it in?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Will they build a long block and just hang on to it until you're ready to drop it in?

Yup that is what I did, it sat at the shop for 2 years lol

If you do it piecemeal, the costs are easier to stomach but just don't look back at it :lol: You can justify to yourself and say "hmm I'm bored with the power and the engine/turbo is getting old, time to swap that rotated kit or longblock in" :tup:

·
Registered
785 Posts
You shouldn't tell me things like that lol, my wife would kill you haha. Did they let you make payments or did you just save up and pay it off at one time?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
You shouldn't tell me things like that lol, my wife would kill you haha. Did they let you make payments or did you just save up and pay it off at one time?

I just made one time payments, saved up and paid for rotated kit, saved up paid for Stage 2 shortblock (just in case my stock shortblock took a dump), saved up paid for built heads a year later, saved up paid for the entire built longblock swap 2 years later.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I just made one time payments, saved up and paid for rotated kit, saved up paid for Stage 2 shortblock (just in case my stock shortblock took a dump), saved up paid for built heads a year later, saved up paid for the entire built longblock swap 2 years later.
Good shit. Thanks.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Selling back to IAG? I kinda figured that was the case because they can turn around and reuse my stock block.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Selling back to IAG? I kinda figured that was the case because they can turn around and reuse my stock block.

I sold back to them and to private parties. They gave me credit for my old stock longblock with 60k on it since it would have been difficult for me to sell it anyway if I didn't lie about the mileage :lol:

I don't regret spending the money on my car at all since it makes my daily commute fun as hell and I have no intent of selling the car.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Haha nice. Yeah I fully planned on just rebuilding the block when it crapped out with no intention of selling my car. I love this thing. Although I do love the 06/07 body style that would be the only thing I sell it for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

Yep its smart to have a pace and add upgrades when you can.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts