IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to make a journal here for the other car in my life, not a scooby but it does have a turbo & a hoodscoop, and is a ton of fun to drive:D

A Spice Orange 2013 MCS, 1.6L turbo 181hp/177lb-ft, weighs ~2700lbs
Sport package with 17" rims, Xenon headlights, 6-spd Auto transmission, MINI Connected with Navigation & parking distance control.

Picked it up back in March, finally getting round to documenting the mods. Nothing crazy planned...

Tracked it coming over from the UK on the Capricornus leader, and thru the panama canal

First pic at the dealer. Wish they hadn't mounted the front plate holder, but whatcha going to do...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Brought her home 3/21 & introduced to big brother...:)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Started by tweaking the interior slightly, Checkerboard dash, John Cooper Works floormats, and some union Jack covers for the door pulls & glovebox push-button

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got to work getting the driving lights installed.

Switch in the dash panel.

White covers to match.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time for Tint.
13% in the rear, 50% on fronts, nothing on windscreen. Much better.

Also got the side markers tinted out, to tone them down, but still act as reflectors & show light at night...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided to paint the calipers red, much better than the std plain metal look

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wheels finally showed up at end of April - 3 months to get these from Italy, but worth the wait:)

White OZ Leggendas
17x7, PCD100, ET42. keeping the stock performance runflats, ContiSportContact 3 SSR 205/45 R17

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
Looks good! I had two, a 2012 MCS hardtop with AT - hated the transmission, it was jerky at low speeds and in paddle mode it would interfere too much. Traded it in after 3 months for a 2010 JCW WC50 special edition.. LOVED IT. Had the recaro alcantara seats, carbon fiber EVERYWHERE.. it was quick and light and agile but overall the bump and torque steer was too much for me..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Time for an update: Just got done changing the front end a little.
Swapped the chin spoiler for one from the MINI Coupe, its a bit more aggressive than std, and also got the LED Halo DRL's/Fog's installed. they are pretty cool, fully LED & super bright, anything to make this little car more visible:lol:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couple of updates for 2014 as i continue to keep this thing as stock as possible:lol::

Got the MINI GP2 belly pan, protect the engine bay & especially the low hanging radiator hose that always bugged me

Installed, much more aerodynamic

And an OEM underhood blanket to cut both the noise a little & the heat a lot, hoping it'll keep the stripes protected. Car came as std with no hood liner, and the hood would get crazy hot after driving

Installed with a slot i cut to keep some airflow thru the hoodscoop

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New shoes; after 3 years on the run-flats a set of good 'normal' tires are a welcome change, notably less harsh on rough roads
Bridgestone Potenza S-04 in 215/45-17 for a bit more meat than the old 205's :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts