IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forums and subaru’s, just lately purchased a 13 hatch in lieu of my Focus ST. I’ve been driving it over the weekend and having an absolute blast, until my mom wanted to take a ride in it so as I was showing her the motions, after a 3/4 throttle 2nd + 3rd gear pull my car began to run a little rough. It was mostly audible cues, definitely sounded like it was missing a beat on idle and sitting still would definitely shake a little bit, and under power it would make up to 9 lbs of boost though it wouldn’t put me back in my seat like it should. I already had to fix an boost leak on the vehicle so I took a look around all the charge pipes, and refitted all the hose clamps, no issues to be found there. I’m wondering if it could be something like exhaust headers leaking somewhere, a wastegate issue, or if it’s more serious or symptomatic of ringland failure, which I understand the concept of, just not too familiar with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would like to add, car is not stock. Previous owner had everything done by IAG, as we are local, including fuel pump, lines, rails, injectors, boost controller, equal length headers, tmic, intake, airbox, and not too much else, some loose odds and ends. No CEL’s thrown after rich code was resolved due to boost leak issue.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
You and the car are nearish (within 200mi) IAG? Unless you know a great shop, you know what to do.

Can you drive it to em? If you are some what distant and cannot, then join AAA's as a premium member. You get one free trip up to 200mi per year.

·
Registered
859 Posts
have you checked all lines for boost leak, including ypip from tmic? some of the nuts from the TMIC came loose over the 7 years of my ownership ; retorqued to spec and boost leak gone.

that said tho, i had a lost in power and after that was an increas ein oil consumption, about 1 quart ever 1K miles. Compression test lead to 1 cylinder being lower than the others. having engine rebuilt now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts