IW STi Forum banner
321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Had a great time at PPIR. I want to 100% do this again, and as much as possible.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I discovered that my 10 year old suspension, and 7 year old tires just aren't up to the task for this type of stuff. I will be putting on my 2020 STi suspension hopefully soon, and before the next event in late May, as well as getting some new tires.

·
Super Moderator
9,244 Posts
I really wish we hadn't arrived late so we could hang out more. We basically hot-lapped our car 11 times in a row. Glad to see you out there enjoying the car! I knew S# would be too much for you. :p

And you need a GoPro! I would have let you borrow my second one if I had realized.

Videos, or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Still around.

I went to a roll racing event on Saturday and despite it being a shit show I ran a PB 119 mph trap with DA being nearly 9000 ft. Ignore the time stamp, it's not at all accurate.

Car is running good, and hopefully soon I can install my new suspension.
Receipt Font Material property Sleeve Number

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Car has been having some problems lately.

my Cobb Flex fuel sensor has been randomly giving me COBB01 Low Voltage CELs, which put the car into limp mode. I engaged with Cobb to see if I could possibly buy a new harness since my Flex fuel system was bought in 2018 and is one of the early versions, but they told me without an original receipt my only recourse is to return the car to a pump gas 91 tune...which I'm not gonna do.

Also, driving to work today my car I went to pass someone and I pushed the clutch in and it got stuck to the floor! I have been hearing my clutch pedal creak for a few months now, but I checked my spot welds and they look fine. I'm hoping its just the pedal assembly, and not the TOB cause I don't want to pull the motor...

I think I'm gonna sell the car as well. I no longer enjoy working on it, nor do I want to spend anymore money on it. With Cobb and the EPA going after enthusiasts, Colorado is no longer a mod friendly state like we used to be before the Californians moved here and turned this state into a liberal shithole.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
Well the clutch going to the floor was my clutch master cylinder, which I replaced last week.

car went into limp mode again with COBB01 CEL code. I found a replacement harness that is non-cobb for $200 bucks so we'll see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Got my new flex fuel harness installed and mounted.
Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

It's reading about 10% lower than the Cobb one was so I believe I need to mess with the calibration in the tune.

Thank god I kept an older version of ATR.

321 - 335 of 335 Posts