IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

bought these yesterday. Billet IAG TGV deletes. glad i got black, they look so nice.

Also got the seal kit to rebuild my steering rack. was going to spend the money on the 2015 rack but I'd rather buy my EFR turbo.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

So I finally rebuilt my power steering rack this weekend. What a mess that was

I had to soak it in simple green and purple power to get off the year of grime that had builtup. Rebuilding it was fairly easy however, and my EWG didn't make installing it any easier. but I saved myself money by not buying a new rack that I dont really need. Would rather have that 700 for my EFR turbo

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

Been a minute since I posted. Finally swapped my ID1000s for ID1300s that Yamasho sold me.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

oh and swapped my TGVs for billet TGV deletes.

Hoping to get my rotated kit sometime soon. I messaged the shop about it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Driving down the highway, car wanted to shut off. Wideband says 10:1 and its idling really poorly. Must be a boost leak. Limp it home ~20 miles not hitting any boost. avoided the major highways lol

Did a boost leak test on Saturday, a couple leaks.

I'm getting burnt out on working on this thing. I need a break from car work for awhile. after the 6 months, every Sunday working on my daily to this car. it just burnt me out.

·
Super Moderator
8,386 Posts

I'm surprised you're on stock fuel rails still.
No need to upgrade at this power level.

Driving down the highway, car wanted to shut off. Wideband says 10:1 and its idling really poorly. Must be a boost leak. Limp it home ~20 miles not hitting any boost. avoided the major highways lol

Did a boost leak test on Saturday, a couple leaks.

I'm getting burnt out on working on this thing. I need a break from car work for awhile. after the 6 months, every Sunday working on my daily to this car. it just burnt me out.
I blame the tuner.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

fixed boost leaks. car is running great now. the ID1300s are a bit louder than my ID1000s but so far so good.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

Getting my new front bumper painted.

I hit a goose about 2 weeks back and insurance paid me for a new one.

Image Link
Welcome to the club. 2 raccoons (both instances the buggers doubled back on their path when they were already 95% across the road) - 3 months apart.

There was a time when I had changed my bumper more frequently than my oil. :lol:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

man that sucks. my bumper has been messed up for over a year. im so excited to pick it up tomorrow

·
Registered
203 Posts

I've got 2 rabbits, a coyote, and an ice chunk that I didn't see in the road! Finally have a new bumper, fingers crossed it stays new.

61 - 80 of 222 Posts