IW STi Forum banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

OH MAN... fingers crossed that this is the case.

Side note, what's in the last picture there? I can't stop thinking that it looks like a mini rocket. wtf lol
yeah I think its just the water wetter crap. upon googling it looks like this is "common" with water wetter.

Its a paint pen lol

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #203

block test came back normal. I pulled coolant from the radiator and reservoir and there was nothing in them. No goopy shit like in the overflow, so I'm just gonna keep sending it

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

on a side note, got a new Daily driver/tow rig. Been wanting to tow my Subaru to the track so if she blows up I dont have to figure out how to get it home.

Image Link
1500? What transmission?

I keep forgetting to tell people I can get them a coupon for additional monies off on GM product.

·
Registered
717 Posts

1500? What transmission?

I keep forgetting to tell people I can get them a coupon for additional monies off on GM product.
Yeah.

2016 Silverado 1500 with 6 speed.
I'm actually in the market for a tow vehicle too, but have primarily been shopping RAM and Ford. I honestly know nothing about the truck market though.

Does that texas edition have the 5.3L V8?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #209

I'm actually in the market for a tow vehicle too, but have primarily been shopping RAM and Ford. I honestly know nothing about the truck market though.

Does that texas edition have the 5.3L V8?
It does

5.3l v8 with 6 speed auto. Trailing package standard with the LT Z71 offroad package. so it can tow 9100 lbs.

The other standard Silverados have way too much chrome. so I had to have the LT LT2 Z71.

Heres what the front looks like:

Compared to:

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Yeah.

2016 Silverado 1500 with 6 speed.
Should be good as a tow vehicle with the 6 speed. Kinda wish I had waited. Couple of us towed out of Michigan to Mid Ohio. I had STi on steel 18' and couple of buddies had EVO and Civic on aluminum. They were running away from me with their 5.3L 6spd trucks while I was struggling with my 5.3L 4spd and they got 3-5mpg better fuel economy.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

Should be good as a tow vehicle with the 6 speed. Kinda wish I had waited. Couple of us towed out of Michigan to Mid Ohio. I had STi on steel 18' and couple of buddies had EVO and Civic on aluminum. They were running away from me with their 5.3L 6spd trucks while I was struggling with my 5.3L 4spd and they got 3-5mpg better fuel economy.
Yeah I was originally looking for a 6.2L 1500 Sierra but they all had old man interiors. They also need premium fuel, and get substantially worse gas mileage than the 5.3L did. This is my DD too so I think it was a good compromise.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Well I haven't driven my car in a couple weeks since I had surgery. Told my wife she could drive the truck to work so I took my car today.

Decided to do a bunch of hooning, and I didn't lift a head. That goopy stuff is most definitely the water wetter

Proof:

but I need to add some coolant when I get home. I pulled a bunch of it out of the radiator to do my block test.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Not much of an update.

hit 27k on the engine and its still running good. I still have some cooling issues, so I need to focus on cooling and suspension mods this winter for track days next summer.

I have a spare bumper that I'm going to modify for cooling.

I also bought a 12 ton press to press in my Trailing and front Control Arm bushings from Whiteline.

Oh, and I need to do an oil change and get the 15w-50 out of there before it starts getting too cold.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
let me know what cooling mods you come up with. I am running 15-50 as well, along with perrin oil cooler and after a few laps in the summer heat my oil is 220-230F
I thought a vented hood would help but I really didn't see much change,

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
let me know what cooling mods you come up with. I am running 15-50 as well, along with perrin oil cooler and after a few laps in the summer heat my oil is 220-230F
I thought a vented hood would help but I really didn't see much change,
I've been on the lookout for a white hood to make some hood heat extractors. Is that what you did?

I plan on upgrading to a Killer-B oil pan so I can add some extra oil for the track, and getting an oil temp gauge.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
Some awesome human being clipped my front bumper on Saturday, and didn't leave a note.

I have no idea where it happened, cause I was at 5 stores and didn't notice til the last one. I went into Target and checked the cameras but didn't see shit.

This bumper didn't last 2 years haha. On the positive note, I'm hoping it can just be buffed and then repainted.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts