IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

I lost a timing belt in a similar fashion, some random ass bolt got caught in the guide. I got HELLLLLLLAAAAAAA lucky.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Changed oil on the car. 3500 miles on this OCI. Amsoil 0w-40 and a Wix 57712 oil filter.

my new DD is ready to go, so I need to get emissions then I can start driving her next week.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Installed my grimmspeed MBC and hooked it up. So glad that annoying flutter is gone. Feels like boost response is better too.

Only a few logs in with my new tuner and the car already feels like a different animal. I know Eric @ Torqued Performance is highly regarded but I can't believe the difference so far

·
Super Moderator
8,421 Posts

So the turbo is a touch laggy, however, I can't go any further until fueling is addressed. At a minimum, he'll need to hardwire the fuel pump, but of course I am recommending a Walbro 450 and an adjustable FPR and going Flex Fuel. :)

Altitude isn't helping the spool, but I think if anything is going to happen, it will be a good bit more boost on E85. I keep timing low via global timing removal during tuning, so things like this below aren't a complete self destruction.

I'm sure it feels pretty good up top, but certainly more to be had.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

^ nah it feels 10x better even now. I hope to have the FPR in the next few weeks for sure.

on a side note, new UOA

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

no. gonna run the single one. I was having issues with the 465 causing excessive fuel pressure on the return. Found out a few guys were having that issue and it was either hack up my OEM fuel canister or buy a new one. Gave me a reason to buy the Radium haha.

·
Super Moderator
8,421 Posts

So the turbo is a touch laggy, however, I can't go any further until fueling is addressed. At a minimum, he'll need to hardwire the fuel pump, but of course I am recommending a Walbro 450 and an adjustable FPR and going Flex Fuel. :)

Altitude isn't helping the spool, but I think if anything is going to happen, it will be a good bit more boost on E85. I keep timing low via global timing removal during tuning, so things like this below aren't a complete self destruction.

I'm sure it feels pretty good up top, but certainly more to be had.

About an 80% tune and it should get better once I lean it out, and potentially add a little more timing. Looking forward to a 7,000 RPM log :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Been a little since I updated this.

but I got the Walbro 450 and Radium surge tank installed.

Also, hardwired it to my battery in the trunk

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

As of today, im running 24 psi on this turbo on E85 and it just pulls hard. I hated it on pump 91, but its not too bad on E85. full boost at 4800 RPMs. 14 psi at 4300. not too bad for a non-ball bearing turbo thats not properly sized for this motor.

At this point, I want to get flex fuel and then enjoy the car for a bit. Next summer I plan on buying Full Races stock location EFR 7163, maybe going back Top mount.

Been tuning with Yamasho and I am super happy with the result. I can't recommend him enough if you are in the Denver area and want a local tuner. I recently watched a friend get tuned by a well known tuner here in Denver, and I was not at all impressed with what he got for his money. And I'll leave it at that

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Oil changed with Amsoil 10w-40 and Wix 57712 oil filter

Took apart my oil filter and I didn't see any metal shavings or any cause for concern. No glitter in the oil pan either.

21 - 40 of 254 Posts