IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

Correct. A shop called BNM Performance Fab made the kit. I had to send him my exhaust housing from the EFR so he could mock it up.

the Rotated FMIC from ETS didn't work right out of the box. I had to buy:
1x 2in 90 degree silicone elbow
1 x 2in 90 degree mandrel bent aluminum pipe
1 x 2in to 2.5 in silicone reducer

I can show closer pics if you need. If you buy ETS's rotated turbo kit and their FMIC it all fits together.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #142

well hail damaged my DD so i will be driving the Subaru until I can get a new windshield.

on E85 I'm getting about 13.5 mpg and on E70 I'm getting 15-16. so not bad. Cant seem to find a dyno anywhere that isn't booked out for weeks on end to finish up my E85 tune so I can get working on pump gas.

In about 2 or 3 weeks there is a roll racing event and I'm looking forward to seeing what the EFR can do.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

UOA returned. bad results and I'm a little disappointed in Motul. It sheared down to a high 30w. Going to go back to amsoil 10w-40

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

Dat FMIC tho. I do love the ETS kit

Finally got around to cutting my new bumper for the ETS FMIC. it was much better than the mishimoto FMIC. only really needed to remove the black insert. I also swapped out my busted driver side mudguard. I'll have some new pics later on.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #149

Nothing really new to update. Car is still running great and is still a ton of fun.

i swapped to a Forge BPV to make the bay look a little cleaner. Need to get some tension clamps cause I hate worm clamps.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

Also

for the past few months, jason and I have been trying to figure out why my car will crank 6-7 times when the car is hot. It will fire up no problem when cold, or when all the way warmed up. but if its between 100 and 180 coolant, it will crank non-stop. Jason sent me multiple maps as we thought it was a tuning problem at first, but I am not suspecting my FPR.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

If it makes you feel better my car starts like crap, and always has. Oh, and <50F... HAH. Good luck. So frustrating

·
Super Moderator
8,401 Posts

That's not right... Honestly, Kevin's car is the only one I've had issues with. I've tried a crap ton of maps to correct it and it does not get better. With every other car, they start fine cold or hot... Except my car... It doesn't like to start under 95F, but that's because I'm lazy and only drive it when it's warm out. :)

This one is like 11F

This one was probably 2F

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

^ yeah like jason said, this is really bad. its so annoying when you get in and it cranks 7 times before it starts.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

Got my new FPR! Aristocrat Motorsports was having a deal on Radium stuff so I picked up the one I wanted.

its scalable so if I want to go higher, I can always order 8AN and 6AN fittings. they included all hardware for the stock lines like I'm running and -8 ORB fitting so no more leak.

the turbosmart one I have just used threaded inserts and Jason and myself could always smell ethanol in the engine bay.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

Also did a boost leak test and found I had 2 major leaks, one out of the GM EBCS and the new Forge BPV. Decided to check the compressor wheel for fun. I love ball bearing turbos

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #160

So finally fixed my warm start issue. I installed my new radium FPR last weekend, but sprang a leak at my fuel filter. The fuel filter location was always a temporary solution and I needed to build a bracket for it.

so we did today

141 - 160 of 230 Posts