·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

Some more small parts arrived

EFR turbo blanket from PTP

Rest of my AN fittings

Grimmspeed wouldnt sell me nor tell me what plug I needed for my BCS to harness. so i found it on ballenger motorsports. Was gonna buy their TMIC but now I'm going to be buying ETS's

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

well we hit a snag on Saturday installing the kit.

My goal was to run a TMIC with this turbo, but it doesn't look like that will be the case

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

Pretty bummed, but I guess I should have told BNM that I wanted to run a TMIC so he could have maybe shortened the uppipe a bit so it would sit lower, but most people run FMIC with a rotated kit.

Now comes the fab part where I setup my old stock location FMIC to work with a rotated turbo. after doing precise measurements "aka eyeing it' I need a 90 degree coupler and then a 90 degree aluminum pipe to connect the two together.

·
Super Moderator
8,398 Posts

I was hoping to see the TMIC setup too. I'm surprised you didn't tell them that was your plan.

When I left your house, my feet were damn near frozen. DC shoes don't offer much insulation from the cold garage floor.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

yeah chock it up to ignorance on my part, didn't know that was something I needed to state. I dont blame them considering 90% of people go FMIC with rotated kits. so oh well.

and yeah, we stopped about an hour after you left. once we mocked up the turbo and all that and realized the TMIC wouldn't work. we got lunch and Eric did an oil change on his audi and I went inside.

I doubt ill have it all together this weekend. I ordered a 90 degree 4AN fitting for the turbo feed and when i get home tonight I am going to measure some piping to see what size silicone intake stuff I need.

no big deal, she will still be fun.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

well I ordered some parts from silicone intakes to fab up the piping needed to connect the Intercooler pipes. but i was not happy with the fitment. the mishimoto FMIC kit is a clockwise rotation so the turbo hot side piping has to go under the throttle body. that wasn't a huge issue, but was an issue was the fact the cold side piping made it near impossible to fit an intake correctly.

so i decided to sell the kit, and ordered the ETS rotated FMIC kit.

also cleaned up and created my Coolant/oil lines this weekend and now just waiting on the intercooler kit.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

Been a few days since i actually updated tis with pics.

but i ordered the FMIC from a guy on Facebook who had a rotated kit with ETS. he had it annodized fucking purple which I disliked. My buddy eric is a chemist so he and I stripped the annodizing off the intercooler but it was apparent it still needed to be painted.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

awhile back I swapped to Radium surge tank with Walbro 450. I didnt know that the radium surge tank didnt have a filter and that they recommend you run an aftermarket one before the injectors to keep everything kosher. good thing I didnt clog an injector...

Decided to buy a fuellab filter with fiberglass element

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

Really wish I had fuel lines/fuel rails at this point. its been a royal PITA to mount the fuel filter and stuff in that little space i have between feed lines

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

you would think. but the ETS piping blocks a lot of it haha. it actually cant go where I have it mounted due to the FMIC piping.

101 - 120 of 227 Posts