IW STi Forum banner

181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

My current DD is getting up there in miles, and its only a matter of time til it dies.

A forester had been parked in front of my moms house for a couple months, so she went and asked the neighbors about it. Turns out the engine seized 100%

I picked it up for $1000. its an 09 Forester X with 90k miles. Going to replace the engine in it, and this will become my DD. its the same color, DGM, as my wifes WRX. so at least I have touch up paint for it

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

Finally hit the dyno with Jason(Yamahasho) so that way we could get my car dyno tuned.

First pull on sport made 392whp/363 wtq at ~20 psi.

we switched to sport sharp, and baseline was 433 whp/421 wtq at 24 psi

After doing his thing, we managed to hit 461.7 whp/461.7 wtq at 29 psi

At this point, im running 95% WGDC and out of wastegate. The turbo spikes to 29, but will taper down to 25 because the 3 port cant hold it to redline.

it looks a little bit laggy here because the way the dyno was loading the car.

but im more than happy with the setup. I'm at the limit of this shortblock that I built.

·
Super Moderator
8,398 Posts

The car made good power! You might be at 500whp on a DynoJet, but I'd like to hold 28 PSI flat up here. It should feel really good on the street. Maybe you'll be able to beat me now?

Your car actually fell off in VE up top more than mine. But... It liked boost for making power.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

The car made good power! You might be at 500whp on a DynoJet, but I'd like to hold 28 PSI flat up here. It should feel really good on the street. Maybe you'll be able to beat me now?

Your car actually fell off in VE up top more than mine. But... It liked boost for making power.
Curious to see how it does at SCT.

·
Super Moderator
8,398 Posts

I am actually not... Only because of the heat and way too many people. I want to go back on a cool night.

If all works out, I'll probably be really focused on Zach's car. If it's going well, I'll be adding power that won't be previously tested.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #197

well boys, she finally gave up.

27k miles of abuse. 30 psi boost. HG failed.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts

All three bearing layers worn through!
Maybe slightly heavier oil next bottom end?
Or a tighter MTBO schedule?

I sleeved my block, so I'm going with the heavy oil. Fuel economy will suffer.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

The bearings are fine. It's looking like the head gasket is fine too. Apparently, Water Wetter congeals...

Kevin already runs a 50 weight.
OH MAN... fingers crossed that this is the case.

Side note, what's in the last picture there? I can't stop thinking that it looks like a mini rocket. wtf lol

181 - 200 of 225 Posts