IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

No. I spent today home since something is up with the DD. so now i gotta get the subaru running haha

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

Been a busy weekend! heres how she looks right now all finished.

Finished up the turbo install. Couple of fuel leaks and she fired up and sounded so good. Then the oil return line failed and dumped oil on the ground. Damnit jim. I guess you can't clamp braided lines with hose clamps. luckily for me, Jason had a 10AN to hose barb so i can install the new return.

I also noticed I hooked my coolant feed/return up on the EFR wrong. Need to swap those but i have to take them off anyway to pull the return.

meanwhile, its supposed to snow this weekend. :censored::censored:

·
Super Moderator
8,427 Posts

Figure I could provide an update on this turbo... Here is a comparison of the old turbo (4th gear) on E85 in S# vs the 7163 (3rd gear) on E66 in S-mode. As ethanol content comes up, so will boost in both S and S#. Now that boost is set in S-mode, timing will be added and AFR leaned out, but we've almost got S# set... Just waiting on another log.

I think S-mode will make more power than the last setup did at all. :)

I-mode boost, which is just wastegate spring. This will be the same for E0 - 100.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #128

Car pulls so hard. I am in love with this turbo. Seriously, and we aren't even done tuning.

On a side note, the EFR does not like the Tial BOV. so im switching back to the provided BPV.

·
Registered
693 Posts

Car pulls so hard. I am in love with this turbo. Seriously, and we aren't even done tuning.

On a side note, the EFR does not like the Tial BOV. so im switching back to the provided BPV.
That seems like a great plot. Especially for the lower cost pressures. 25 psi and nearly 480whp is great.

How is transient response? When does the turbo come on to boost?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,427 Posts

I imagine the transient response is just as good as my 6758. If it weren't for the FMIC piping and stock manifold, I'd say it'd spool a lot like mine as well. The 24 PSI graph is a little soft as it spools towards the top. It should improve on the last map I sent him. :)

I'll have him do a 4th gear pull soon and see how that affects the boost threshold. Once the ethanol content comes up, it should be around 26 PSI at our altitude.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

its raining bad here, so im a little hesitant to do WOT pulls with water. but on friday im going to drain the rest of the E66 and put the E85 in and ill let you know.

·
Super Moderator
8,427 Posts

Someone finally got me some more logs... :) First 4th gear pull really picks up. The next map, which he'll try on the way to work tomorrow, had me adjusting per gear boost tables to get the spool on target immediately. This is still on E66 and looking forward to E85+!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

Not much to report. My Ethanol tune is almost done, just need to hop on the dyno.

Car hit over 20k on built engine.

My car seems to have spark blowout now. Plugs are a bit old, ~10k miles or so. I think they are gapped to .025 or .027. So i need to swap those out.

I also get an intermittent grind going into 4th from 3rd. I never had this issue when I had motul oil, but i swapped to Amsoil and its been having issues since. I think im going to swap back to the Motul.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

Very nice setup! Just to be clear, a shop built a custom up-pipe and down-pipe for you, to fit a rotated EFR 7163, with the stock exhaust manifold, and the ETS FMIC just fit well, correct? I might finally have money to do something similar to my car, and this setup caught my eye.

121 - 140 of 256 Posts