IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

no. gonna run the single one. I was having issues with the 465 causing excessive fuel pressure on the return. Found out a few guys were having that issue and it was either hack up my OEM fuel canister or buy a new one. Gave me a reason to buy the Radium haha.
I also had the same problem. I tried hacking up the oem canister to no avail. I wound up with the same fuel pump setup.

The problem is that the siphon valve in the canister is to small when running big pumps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

^ that makes sense. the radium one is sexy as hell anyway

Well, found out my china turbo doesn't fit as well as I thought. It sits to far forward causing me to have clearance issues with TMIC couplers. I could not for the life of me get a stable clamp and kept getting boost leak issues.

so I'm stuck with FMIC until I go rotated.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

Since Iwsti is garbage due to speed. I'm not going to update this until it gets fixed. whenever/if that ever happens.

·
Registered
910 Posts

^ that makes sense. the radium one is sexy as hell anyway

Well, found out my china turbo doesn't fit as well as I thought. It sits to far forward causing me to have clearance issues with TMIC couplers. I could not for the life of me get a stable clamp and kept getting boost leak issues.

so I'm stuck with FMIC until I go rotated.

Image Link
They have longer couplers you can use. I think TurboSmart makes some that come with extra so you can trim to what you want.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

new UOA. I was worried about all the issue people said with E85 diluting oil but here you can see my Amsoil 10w-40 stayed a true 40w.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)

also ordered an EFR 7163 V-band non-WG exhaust housing for the shop to make my rotated kit. I'll be ordering the EFR 7163 supercore in January or February sometime.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

Not much to report. Car is still chugging along

Getting kinda irritated at the shop I ordered my kit from. They told me this week he was working on it but I was told that back in early December when he got my Exhaust housing too.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #100

Changed transmission and rear diff fluid today with Amsoil.

previous fluid was Motul gear oil, and it looked pretty new coming out. I'm at like 33k since last fluid change.

81 - 100 of 256 Posts