IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I am relatively new to the Subaru scene, I've had my 2012 STI for just a little over 2 years now.

When I got the car, I immediately did the most Subaru thing & put a full turbo-back exhaust on & the COBB SF cold air intake. Until recently, I've done a fair amount of overboosting due to the catless downpipe & have hit 102% Injection Duty Cycle & about 27 PSI on a stock block and pump gas. I know, extremely bad. Whatcha gonna do about it, it's already too late.

Anyways, I wanted to get my car into a healthier state, so I went ahead and ordered a bunch of parts and reached out to a local tuner & got the sign off on all the parts. The only thing is, I got 2 months to install all the parts & I do NOT know anything about engine modifications, or any of the parts I will be installing. So I am turning to the Subaru community to give me pointers, things to look out for, if I run into something, some good tips and tricks to get a grasp of what's really gonna happen.

My current modlist that I ordered;
  • Getadom Cylinder 4 Cooling Mod
  • PTP Turbo Blanket
  • IAG Street Series Air Oil Separator
  • Aeromotive A1000 Adjustable Fuel Regulator
  • COBB Tuning EBCS 1/4 inch EWG Fitting Kit
  • GrimmSpeed Subaru VF Series Turbo Wastegate Bracket
  • COBB Flex Fuel Package
  • DW300C Series Fuel Pump
  • GrimmSpeed 38mm V-Band EWG Uppipe Kit
  • IAG Braided Fuel Line & Fitting Kit
  • IAG Black CNC Top Feed TGV Housing
  • IAG V3 Top Feed Fuel Rails
  • Koyo Radiator Hyper V-Series
Ultimately looking for the best routes of doing the modifications. I am open to any suggestions, please anything is helpful! I have some mechanical knowledge, but I'm really looking to learn on this build. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
27psi eh on sock internals eh
Does any of those kits come with injectors ?
I also don't see an accessport
extra cooling on cyl 4 aswell

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
So have you decided on who is going to be installing all these parts? Have you found a tuner? You will definitely need a protune for all of these mods. I think you should really be talking to your tuner about your plans.

One thing to add to you list, upgrade to Equal Length Header (ELH). There are alot of gains to be made here with ELH and E85.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts