IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been stumped for a year and I have a oil leak on the driver side oil control valve I've replaced it and the sensor above it and nothing has changed I even did my timing Seals and valve cover gaskets which didn't change it slowed a little bit leaks about a half quart every 6 months I just can't figure out how to fix it I think there's something with my head I'm stumped.
Automotive tire Guitar accessory Hood Motor vehicle Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread Tire

Electrical wiring Engineering Motor vehicle Gas Hood

Gas Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Engineering Office equipment

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Gas Auto part

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very well could be the oil fill tube gasket. It leaks and spreads in a way that doesn't necessarily make you think it's coming from there. Mine looked a lot like yours.

Use brake cleaner wherever you see oil and get it as clean as possible, especially at the base of the oil fill tube, and keep an eye on it. Based on the amount your losing you should see oil or at least wetness at the base of it after just a short drive. On the bright side it's easy to replace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very well could be the oil fill tube gasket. It leaks and spreads in a way that doesn't necessarily make you think it's coming from there. Mine looked a lot like yours.

Use brake cleaner wherever you see oil and get it as clean as possible, especially at the base of the oil fill tube, and keep an eye on it. Based on the amount your losing you should see oil or at least wetness at the base of it after just a short drive. On the bright side it's easy to replace.
So oil fill tube gasket could cause it to look through the bolts like that? I'll have to try it out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So oil fill tube gasket could cause it to look through the bolts like that? I'll have to try it out

·
Registered
2021 WRX STI
151 Posts
I'll add to what others said RE: brake parts clean the area. Do it on a lift if possible and then run the car in the air for 15-20min (in a well ventilated bay/area) and just watch closely for a drip to appear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts