IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have any advise or tips off what to look for when buying a 2011 wrx sti hatchback (europian model)? Or any known weakspots that i have to look out for (excuse the english not my native language).

Thanks

Jordivdm

·
Registered
859 Posts
does europe have pre-inspections? where a mechanic looks over the car for leaks, checks fluids, checks rust, checks a huge list of things including engine codes?

i'd invest in a mechanic to inspect it for u. I've seen people just glance over an engine and go "IT'S GOOD."

gotta get that car up on a lift and look under it. hence why having a mechanic do it is well invested munnies.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Check for previous modifications.

Is the Downpipe OEM or aftermarket? If it's aftermarket then it's most likely been tuned, and with that being said, the Accessport has most likely been unmarried and sold. (BAD)

If the downpipe is OEM, then is the turbo heat shield missing?

Is the turbo inlet OEM or aftermarket? If it's OEM, then check to see if it's leaking at the turbo clamp.

Are the injectors blue or black? If they're black then they are most likely aftermarket.
Is there an aftermarket intake?

There's a lot more stuff to check but these things are the obvious ones.

Also, check the oil level.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Witch firewall issues if i may ask ? Like i said totally new car for my so i don't know anything about it at all. (I have a basic understanding on how engines work an such but thats about it). What i did notoce is that the eninebay is completly cramped so working on it is gone be a pain in the ass.

Thanks

Jordi

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its deceptive...take off intercooler and it's easy, the hatch has the clutch bracket is spot welded to the firewall, if you take the cowl cover off you can see if they are ripping off. When I noticed mine I drilled mine out and riveted them all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh so its just some bad welds from the factory then ? Wel thats not to bad. But i will consider this ones i finally own one. Hunting 1 down right now bit there queit scares ober here (at least with all seats still left in them). So hopfully updating this saterday/sunday. Thanks for the help and tips everybody.

Thanks a lot

Jordi

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Subaru fixed the spot weld issues starting in MY10 or 11, I can't remember. They literally just made that sheet metal area slightly thicker than the previous years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a 09 STI hatch for almost 4 years. Stock turbo, 200cells Invidia downpipe and a Q300 muffler. Got a ecu flash from Ecutek. This car is a beast, 365 hp and 530Nm measered at 10 Celcius.

I was the first and probably the only one that got two broken spot welts in the NL.

Another weak spot is the steering pump. I replaced my but still got noises, probably the steeringrack itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice
Well steering pump was replaced 2 months ago so yeah thats good. I get a bit of noise when i back up nothing to be conserend about i guess. Thanks for the help everybody will post some pictures as soon as i get it washed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody for the great help you guys made this possible here are some pictures from the car around the nurbürgring aka green hell in germany (she did great ) thanks again guys

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts