IW STi Forum banner

2061 - 2065 of 2065 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Here's what I'm hoping (and I'm a 2010 STI owner)

Smaller lighter STI than the WRX
- lightweight hood, roof and hatch,
- direct injection 2L / Variable V turbo with 340ish hp/tq
- Six speed, brembos, lightweight 17 inch wheels.

Something similar to a Lotus but with real power and AWD.

That would be a killer setup imo. For me I'll keep my STI and go stage 2 when the warranty is up :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,063 · (Edited)
Here's what I'm hoping (and I'm a 2010 STI owner)

Smaller lighter STI than the WRX
- lightweight hood, roof and hatch,
- direct injection 2L / Variable V turbo with 340ish hp/tq
- Six speed, brembos, lightweight 17 inch wheels.

Something similar to a Lotus but with real power and AWD.

That would be a killer setup imo. For me I'll keep my STI and go stage 2 when the warranty is up :)

Face palm......

Have you been in a cave. Everything you just mentioned has already been confirmed to not be on the next sti, with exception of 6 gears and brembos.
It's just pure nonsense to even be mentioning that wish list this late in the game.
We've been discussing(arguing actually) all those issues a couple a months back. Even the page before your post has some left over back and forth.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
The thing is, Subaru had a car that was exactly my speed. I was hoping they would continue on that path and build something better that I wanted to purchase. By better I mean a car that felt even closer to a raw track car. But intead they mainstreamed it and opened our club of mostly STi passionate, function-over-form people up to those who care about heated seats, moonroofs and utility. The coolest thing about the old cars (GD, GC) was the exclusivitity; You really had to be a passionate STi enthusiast to own one.
I found that kind of humorous because there are so many riced out sedan sti's, or at least to take out the subjective part of it many that take form over function. people drool over them an say how 'clean' and 'sleeper' they look when they're far from either.
and it'll only get worse as the older models drop in price.

All STIs are created equal, as owners we just have to chose the shell... :D
:tup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Face palm......

Have you been in a cave. Everything you just mentioned has already been confirmed to not be on the next sti, with exception of 6 gears and brembos.
It's just pure nonsense to even be mentioning that wish list this late in the game.
We've been discussing(arguing actually) all those issues a couple a months back. Even the page before your post has some left over back and forth.
Hey a wish list is just that...a wish list. With the gap narrowing so much between the STI and WRX (now even in appearance) they need to do something like the above to differentiate the models.

I'm not saying it'll happen in the next gen but you can bet with the CAFE changes lower displacement, DI, and lighter weight are going to become likely requirements for performance cars in the future.

2061 - 2065 of 2065 Posts