IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to get the car to the dyno again and get the Stage II dyno's and tune. To give you a little history at 3,000 miles I installed the AP and using Cobb's box tune took the car up to the dyno. I was VERY surprised how bad the factory AFR's were (Not shown below) and as you all know the AP really smoothed out the car.

Shortly after this I install a Perrin Downpipe, turbo blanket and heat shield with a customer Perrin Tune. Unfortunately this did not go as smooth as the Perrin tune was boosting past 20PSI, the car was detonating and VERY ruff at mid RPM. I sent some data logs and the tune I got back was even worse. I called MKC (Modified By KC) and set up an appointment which due to my schedule was about a month out. So I switch to the Cobb STGII and it was better but still having trouble. After playing around with Maps I finally tried the Cobb STG II ACN91 LWG and it held boost and there was 0 knock feedback. The tuning day finally came I was surprised how bad the AFR's were with the Cobb map and how much better the car is running now!!! My directive was to keep the car VERY conservative so the AFR's under load are a bit rich and there was some timing and boost left on the board but I was not comfortable going over 18.5PSI peak. With MKC's tune the midrange is much better and the car is smoother yet.

2011 STI Hatch
Perrin Catted DP
Perrin Heat Sheild & Turbo Blanket
91OCT Pump
18.5 PSI Peak in S#

All Dyno's and Tunes done at Modified By KC (Chad Calrton)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow the others are actually below that?? Sheesh. I'm going to have to dyno mine when it arrives just to see how rich it is.

Thanks for posting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts