IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2011 wrx sti that pulls pretty hard to the left when I accelerate. I have had 2 alignments done, replaced the power steering rack, replaced the L/R upper control arm with the ball joint and it is still pulling to the left. Here is a picture of my last alignment I now realize that it probably has something to do with the caster but I'm mechanically dumb so if anyone knows what needs to be replaced or if that isn't what is causing it please let me know! ( I wish I had time to figure it out on my own but I am very busy) Thank you
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Plan

·
Registered
493 Posts
I assume you replaced the lower control arms, as there is not an upper for the front. The alignment of the ball joint bushing may have been off on the right side. I've heard that before on this site. Caster is not adjustable except by changing those bushings or the control arm.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Any chance you just got new tires?

When I purchased a new set of winter tires one of them (on the front) was a different diameter
(factory flaw) and under acceleration the car would turn towards the smaller diameter tire (dangerously).

Within seconds of leaving the tire shop with them mounted it was obvious that something was wrong.

I went back and we measured the tires and it was obvious what was going on. We switched
sides and the turn followed the bad tire. Switched to rear and it went away.

The tire shop ordered 4 new ones and they got put on the next day.

But my STI still will get a slight pull if the tire pressures are off by more than 1-2psi from front side to
front side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume you replaced the lower control arms, as there is not an upper for the front. The alignment of the ball joint bushing may have been off on the right side. I've heard that before on this site. Caster is not adjustable except by changing those bushings or the control arm.
Font Wood Automotive tire Pattern Rectangle

Here is the sheet I got back from the mechanics that worked on my car.

When I purchased a new set of winter tires one of them (on the front) was a different diameter
(factory flaw) and under acceleration the car would turn towards the smaller diameter tire (dangerously).

Within seconds of leaving the tire shop with them mounted it was obvious that something was wrong.

I went back and we measured the tires and it was obvious what was going on. We switched

But my STI still will get a slight pull if the tire pressures are off by more than 1-2psi from front side to
front side.

front side.
No I've had the same tires on for over a year now and I just rotated them not to long ago. I am going to rotate them this weekend to double check though.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts