IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, i would like to introduce you to my currently unnamed car still pondering it over. I picked her up from a neighbor september of 2020. We had just moved to the neighborhood and a few days after saw it for sale so we inquired. I had been carless and borrowing cars since january and was selling a house towards getting a new one and having the house sale money was a perfect time to cash buy without a payment. I decided on this gem for several reasons. It had been tracked however prior to becoming for sale received a new oem engine and the tranny rebuilt replacing 2nd and 4th gears. Also it had the steering upgraded to 2015+. It was lightly modded with an old cobb ap2, downpipe, intake and exhaust. It drove well so i pulled the trigger.

After having the car a few weeks it was time to mod. I knew it would need to be tuned better because of the old set up and we definently needed brakes. So off to #mofabllc in parker colorado to see what we are doing.

My first list of mods is probably insanity, unnecessary and the stupid expensive route to get to the power i put down however a lot of it has future proofed the car. I spoke with mofab about what i wanted to do with the car and use it for and this is what we came up with.....

Inspection/protune.

I had to get a cobb v3 since the v2 was obsolete, unsupported and not good for e85.

Cobb 3 port boost solenoid.

Perrin inlet tube.

Id 1050 injectors flow tested used set from in house.

Deatschwerks 300c.

Aluminati ej tgv housing.

Cobb stumble fix.

Cobb flex fuel kit.

Radium AOS.

Killer b elh.

Torque solution mounts.

Changed all fluids.

Stoptech slotted rotors.

Oem pads.

Upgraded clutch.

During install we unfortunately ran into an issue with a bricked ecu from 2 accessports ago that got lost when the engine was put in so the car would not tune and had tons of rough counts. To fix this we were able to source and program a used ecu fairly quickly.

Here are the dyno graphs. E78 registered 344hp 426tq. And 91 octane 311hp 402tq

I am extremely satisfied with the results and energy put into this car!

Stay tuned for more journey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are some nice numbers, hope to get somewhere near that would be great!
Thank you! Ya they were very repectable to me for a semi conservative 20 psi on s# tune. We left the torque high since i had an upgraded clutch its fun at this level and instant power everywhere for what i like. The twisties. At this point the next steps are built engine and different turbo but imma spend some time learning the car at this level.

·
Registered
721 Posts
get ready for a clutch. if you launch it on E You will get clutch slippage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get ready for a clutch. if you launch it on E You will get clutch slippage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Already have upgraded clutch which is why we let the tq stay high :-D didnt make it into parts list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts