IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across these CF trunks on visracing.com....

CF OEM

CF Demon

They're meant for the '11 WRX, but I think the Demon trunk would look awesome on an STI. Anyone else hear of any other trunk alternatives yet?

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
It looks nice, for those of you that say wrap over the real deal, go wrap your hood in CF wrap so I can call you a ricer.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'd rather not wrap my car up with a giant sticker. You'd probably get similar performance gains from a carbon fiber trunk as you would from a CBE.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wouldn't say vinyl wrapping a trunk is ricer. Ricer would be spay painting your trunk or something. I'm pretty sure you guys don't really care about the weight you save w/ a carbon fiber hood or trunk. If it's just for looks why not say some money (unless you guys are rolling in $$$). I think vinyl wrap is a good alternative when it comes to looks. If you are tracking your car or building a show car then go for the real deal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd just be trying to go wingless at that point, and for what they ask for the trunk lid vs. what a factory trunk lid costs, just be kinda cool for the carbon fiber. looks like $900 or so?

couldn't find those specific '11 pieces though. link besides pic?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a guy on ebay selling the demon trunk for 659 + shipping which I think is reasonable. I think I saw it on a website for $950 shipped, but I can't remember where and haven't been able to find it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts