IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: 2011 DGM STi

haha, nice photos. I'm still waiting to get mine tinted but I'm not gonna go very dark (30%-40% on the rears and near invisible on the fronts). The fuzz in CA likes targeting cars with dark tint so I'd staying away from it.

Ever thought of getting Rally Armor flaps? I think it adds to the look of the car and protects the paint as well.
I couldn't stand riding around the first two days without tint. It felt like I was in a fishbowl... Thankfully the cops here don't care much about tint or I would have gone a little lighter. I've definitely thought about RA flaps, just not sure I'm sold yet on the look. I wish they were just a little bit less obtrusive from the wheel wells (which would probably defeat the whole purpose).

And I'm not sure what direction I want to go in mod-wise. A nice deep & quiet CBE would probably be first on my list, and some type of speaker & small woofer upgrade is a close second. Stock stereo SUCKS!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

lol, enjoy dude, I stored mine for winter at 1780km's. Ne3edless to say i was pretty good with the break in till 1600km's but that last 200 km's I pounded on her in S#, Ah car felt like a car and not a lemon lol :)
What is your winter car then? I can't imagine storing mine, I have loved the AWD in all the snow we've had recently. Can't see myself ever voluntarily going back to a RWD car year round. 400 miles to go until I can have a little more fun...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Ordered some yellow JDM foglight overlays today. LOVE the look of yellow on fogs... Should be here in 2-3 days

·
Registered
787 Posts

haha, I think we're both putting on miles at the same rate. I hit 1000 miles just as I pulled up into the driveway last night.

·
Registered
670 Posts

What is your winter car then? I can't imagine storing mine, I have loved the AWD in all the snow we've had recently. Can't see myself ever voluntarily going back to a RWD car year round. 400 miles to go until I can have a little more fun...

I bought it with every intention to winter drive it then i priced out nice winters in 18" and though..... why the hell put myself threw our harsh canadian winters and do that to a brand new car. Plus to mention 70-80$ to fill the tank on 94 and 350-450km's at best... SO I went and bought a toyota echo 01 ( I loved my last echo as a beater), The car cost me $3000 with 112,000km's on itm came with winters, 40-50 to fill and 550-650 clicks lol. Never been stuck once and sti is waiting for tons of parts with her almost 1800km's on her :)

Enjoy your car dude, I just keeo storing parts for spring 2011!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I bought it with every intention to winter drive it then i priced out nice winters in 18" and though..... why the hell put myself threw our harsh canadian winters and do that to a brand new car. Plus to mention 70-80$ to fill the tank on 94 and 350-450km's at best... SO I went and bought a toyota echo 01 ( I loved my last echo as a beater), The car cost me $3000 with 112,000km's on itm came with winters, 40-50 to fill and 550-650 clicks lol. Never been stuck once and sti is waiting for tons of parts with her almost 1800km's on her :)

Enjoy your car dude, I just keeo storing parts for spring 2011!
Ha that's awesome! Just got my oil changed today @ 1,064 miles. It's been in the teens and low 20's all week, but this weekend is going to be 50 degrees. Figuring I might as well wax it like I do every other week to keep that terrible road salt at bay...
Looking forward to watching your progress once it warms up! Have a good one

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)

good shot of the yellow fogs in reflection:

Side note: can anyone quickly tell me what I'm doing wrong above? no matter how i modify it I cannot get the pic to show up. (and yes, I have read the stickies, just having issues with it! thanks =))

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

Ran in to one of the only other 2011 STi's I've seen around Louisville...

IMG_2591 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It was a nice WRB Limited with some fun stuff already done to it. AOS, Tial BOV/Recirc, catless downpipe, single exit exhaust (loudest one I've ever heard in person, but sounded AWESOME), and a bunch of other goodies as well. Definitely going to go to the March 27th local meet here and try and meet some more subie owners

·
Registered
124 Posts

Hey, it's the dude with the sedan from the other day, Gary. I don't know what kind of oil you run but the 5w30 turns to water quick, don't remember if I told you that the other day or not... I'm throwing some 10w40 in tomorrow if all goes well and I'll hit you up on Friday, my number is at the bottom of the emails so.

·
Registered
867 Posts

good shot of the yellow fogs in reflection:

Side note: can anyone quickly tell me what I'm doing wrong above? no matter how i modify it I cannot get the pic to show up. (and yes, I have read the stickies, just having issues with it! thanks =))

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Hey, it's the dude with the sedan from the other day, Gary. I don't know what kind of oil you run but the 5w30 turns to water quick, don't remember if I told you that the other day or not... I'm throwing some 10w40 in tomorrow if all goes well and I'll hit you up on Friday, my number is at the bottom of the emails so.
Perfect, looking forward to seeing your updates on Friday!

·
Registered
124 Posts

we pretty much brushed up the tune and logged...no knock whatsoever so I'm chilling at 21.5psi, I have my alpine type r's in now along with a 200watt 4ch amp to push them...deck goes in tomorrow because the stock unit is distorting the hell out of my tunes... I may or may not be in louisville this weekend and I'm definitely going to be at the meet at Cox's park in March with the KYSC crew so...car is probably making close to 320-325 wheel hp

21 - 40 of 177 Posts