IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my 2010 Subaru STI Hatch in Satin White Pearl. (Title in hand). (No trades.)

Asking Price: $17,000

Current Mileage: 116,xxx and increasing as this has been my daily driver since I bought it at 38k miles in 2012.

Original Engine and Transmission. No ringland issue or other engine component failures except a leaking steering rack replaced by the dealer. That said, I've also never autocrossed the car (even though that's what I was building it for) and I'm rarely aggressive on the throttle. I change my own oil approximately every 5k with Rotella T6 5w-40 and OEM Subaru filters.

I have an older CARFAX report from March 2018 when I was first considering selling my car, which I will gladly provide. Nothing has changed since then other than the mileage, but if a new report is absolutely necessary for you to buy from me then I'll pay the $40 for you and provide it upon serious requests.

The first owner had the car in Ohio and either sold or traded it after 4500 miles. The second owner is just the Subaru dealer at that time.

In 2011, the third owner had someone tap the bumper and scratched it up. He opted to replace it under insurance and it shows on the report.

In 2012 I bought the car and in 2015 I had an idiot side swipe the front end, which tore the fender and front bumper off. It also set off the driver side air bag which, I have to say, will scare the * out of you. Don't worry, the driver side seat is clean ;) Luckily for me it was all cosmetic damage in front of the radiator and was paid for by my insurance since the guy didn't have any coverage. My local shop did a great job with the repair/paint and even ordered me a 2011 bumper on request, since I always thought the 2008-2010 front end looked fugly.

Otherwise, no major issues to report.

Current Mods:
-Cobb AP AP3-SUB-003, Running Stage2 OTS Map
-Cobb SF Intake + Airbox
-Cobb SS 3" Turboback Exhaust
-Cobb Turbo Heatshield
-Kartboy Exhaust Hangers
-Kartboy Short Shifter
-Kartboy Front/Rear Shifter Bushings
-Kartboy Front/Rear Endlinks
-Racecomp Engineering Front Swaybar
-Racecomp Engineering Rear Swaybar
-Racecomp Engineering Yellow Springs on Stock Struts
-KSTech Air Pump Delete Kit w/Valve Blockoff (Codes Blocked via AP)
-GrimmSpeed Silicone Hose Kit at Turbo and Intercooler
-2011 STI Front Bumper w/o fog lights
-HT Auto Front Lip Spoiler
-Rally Armor UR Mudflaps
-Interior LED Lights Installed
-Exterior LED 4-ways (w/correct relay)

Wheels, Spring/Summer/Fall:
-TR Motorsports 18x9.5 5x114 et 45 (Powder Coated Bronze)
-255/35ZR-18 CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06

Original Rims:
-Subaru STi Five-Spoke 18x8.5 5x114 et 55
-No tires

Maintenance Items Completed Recently:
-Tint on rear window removed due to bubbling @ 116k
-OEM Coil Pack Installed on Cylinder #4 @ 112k
-Steering Rack replaced @ 107k (Sharett Subaru, now Sheehy Subaru)
-Timing Belt replaced @ 105K (Sharett Subaru, now Sheehy Subaru)
-Spark Plugs replaced @ 105K (Sharett Subaru, now Sheehy Subaru)

Areas of Concern:
-Original Rock Guard on rear fenders has faded and could be replaced (see picture)..
-Small dings and dents from everyday use, rocks, kids, etc. Only one small dent on passenger side door which is noticeable at the right angle (see picture).
-Original struts need replaced soon. Your decision can be to replace with a newer model year strut/spring combo or opt for coilovers. Either way you can then remove the RCE Yellows and sell them.
-Rear tail light passenger side is cracked. I blame my son and the neighbor kid. I used some epoxy to keep moisture out but it was never deterring enough to warrant a new light.
-OTS Stage2 map installed. These maps run rich. Fuel smell doesn't bother me (because racecar) but a true dyno tune is probably recommended. I just never got around to it.
-Interior scuffs and dings from daily use, kids, and the occasional canine companion... but no major damage.
-I've removed several heatshields underneath due to rust and rattle. Right now I've got SS worm gear clamps holding everything tight but eventually I wanted to just replace the headers and up-pipe. Just more work I never got around to doing.

If you have any questions you may contact me any time via PM or email ([email protected])

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts