IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: 2010 STI - CCW's are finally on! New pics (pg 7)

Small update: Out of respect for my neighbor who just had twin boys last week, I've decided to get rid of my P&L exhaust. As much as I loved the aggressive and beautiful tone it put out, it was a little too loud for my daily driving. A few neighbors around me have deemed my car the "rooster" because it wakes up the entire subdivision at 6am every morning.

So with that said, I just placed an order for an Invidia Q300 exhaust. IMO it's the best looking exhaust on the market, and I've heard it's much much quieter in comparison to the P&L. Will have pictures as soons as it's received / installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts

Beautiful. Wish I could have got the Ti version but when you have 4 three inch tips and welds like the invidia.....it is all good. The exhaust takes a little while to break in but sounds great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Just got a PM from Circuit Motorsports off NASIOC that my exhaust will already be here tomorrow.

Talk about fast shipping. Paid them Wednesday at about 2pm, and my exhaust will be here less than 48 hours later. From Florida to Chicago.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: Re: 2010 STI - CCW's are finally on! New pics (pg 7)

Nice....

We are going similar routes. I too am waiting for the q300.

I am going to get some ccw's, but I want to run 285 wide tires without pulling (rolling is fine).

But my goal is 600awhp, and mid-10's.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

Nice....

We are going similar routes. I too am waiting for the q300.

I am going to get some ccw's, but I want to run 285 wide tires without pulling (rolling is fine).

But my goal is 600awhp, and mid-10's.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
600whp & mid 10's ..... now THAT is a great goal. I'll most likely be going stage 2 and with an e85 set-up. Can't go too crazy with this thing since I daily drive this thing about 500 miles a week.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Great choice on the Q300, I freaking love mine! However, I wish I went with the titanium tips. :(

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

Sooo I was really excited when I opened up the package a little while ago to see the Q300... well, my excitement died down when I saw the tips.... not sure what to do now. Circuit Motorsports is closed til Monday, so I guess nothing I can do but wait.

:(

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)

Holy hell. Hope they get a replacement to you quickly.
Well I talked to them today and they were really great about it. I told them the situation, basically it was UPS' fault. They got on the phone and already shipped me out a replacement. Along with that, they also sent a return label to ship the damaged one back free of charge. That's about as good of customer service as you can get. Big props to the guys at Circuit Motorsport for handling this so quickly.

In other news, just picked up a Porter Cable 7424 orbital polisher. Bought some pads as well, now just doing more research on products to use.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

Crappy Iphone pictures, but got the situation squared away and installed the exhaust yesterday. My goodness is it a difference going from arguably the loudest exhaust there is to the Q300. This thing is quiet, but I do like it. Makes me wonder how quiet the stock exhaust was. Atleast I can finally hear my music :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: 2010 STI - CCW. Invidia. Perrin. BC Racing. Agency Power.

Looks great. Take it for a long fast drive and burn out some of the sound deadening. It will get louder but always returns to a quiet state when you remove your foot from the go pedal. I am impressed with its ability to dawdle along quietly and then turn Hyde when you wring its neck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Next on the agenda is to finally decide what to do with my front end.

Option 1) Leave it as is, just repaint it to hide all the nasty rock chips / crack.

Option 2) Buy a new front lip (Blacktop Aero maybe?) and get the entire front painted

Option 3) Buy a 11+ front end and just buy a lip for that thing.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Option #3 FTW!

·
Registered
33 Posts

How are the BC Racing coils? Comfy? what spring rates did you get?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Next on the agenda is to finally decide what to do with my front end.

Option 1) Leave it as is, just repaint it to hide all the nasty rock chips / crack.

Option 2) Buy a new front lip (Blacktop Aero maybe?) and get the entire front painted

Option 3) Buy a 11+ front end and just buy a lip for that thing.
Nice car...subscribing. FYI, if you do the '11+ front end, I have fog covers that you can have for free. They would obviously need painting but I'm in Naperville, so no shipping.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)

Option #3 FTW!
That's the option I went with.

How are the BC Racing coils? Comfy? what spring rates did you get?
No problems with them at all. I had them set pretty stiff before I had my alignment. After, I set it softer, and it rides maybe a bit rougher than stock, but definitely not anything I regret at all. For the price, they're tough to beat. I got the standard spring rates.

Nice car...subscribing. FYI, if you do the '11+ front end, I have fog covers that you can have for free. They would obviously need painting but I'm in Naperville, so no shipping.
I did actually just get the 11+ front bumper. I'd love to have them if you don't mind. Much appreciated.

81 - 100 of 208 Posts