IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 WRX STI Hatch with no accidents, rust damage or leaks (at this point). It has 111000 kms (68000 miles), and the following maintenance has already been done:

-Front Wheel bearings
-Differential Fluid
-Transmission Fluid
-New Power Steering Rack
-Windshield Replacement
-Gates Accessory Belt
-Gates Serpentine Belt
-Gates Blue Racing Timing Belt
-Idlers, Tensioner
-Thermostat + Seal
-Waterpump + Seal
-Activated Carbon Cabin Air Filter

I also have some mods on the car as follows:

-Invidia 3" stainless down-pipe w/heat wrap and Turbocharger heat blanket
-Nameless Exhaust 3" Stainless Cat-back
-AEM Cold Air Intake
-Turbosmart Recirculation Valve
-Cobb Accessport with Stage 2+ tune
-Short Shifter
-Whiteline Sway Bars
-Moroso Oil Pickup
-Firewall Clutch Pedal Brace
-PTNHZ Belt and Radiator Cover

Are there other things I should look at replacing, servicing, changing out or upgrading so the car continues to run nicely? I do oil changes everything 5000km max. I don't drive the car super hard either. I am fairly new to Subarus so I'd love the experts opinions! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i'd add an AOS (air/oil separator). and a getadom cylinder 4 cooling mod to that list for reliability sake. normally i'd also say get a killer b oil pickup/baffle too. although i see you have a moroso one, i cant speak to theirs as i have zero knowledge they even existed for these cars until now lol.

i'd also add a pro tune to that.

aside from that, basic maintenance and always do maintenance early and it should last you a good long time. use a quality 5w40 oil too and oem filters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any AOS you would recommend? Noted on the cooling mod and pro tune.

For your suggested basic / early maintenance, anything in there that is good to do? Sparks? Fluids? Seals/gaskets? Other consumable parts?

I use Motul 5W40 oil and good filters every 5000km usually.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Any AOS you would recommend? Noted on the cooling mod and pro tune.

For your suggested basic / early maintenance, anything in there that is good to do? Sparks? Fluids? Seals/gaskets? Other consumable parts?

I use Motul 5W40 oil and good filters every 5000km usually.
for an AOS, Killer B or IAG are the two best on the market, really anything that those companies do is quality. i'd suggest either one, but definitely stick to one of theirs.

i tend to abuse my car, and track it, so i do fluids/sparkplugs and such earlier than most. typically for me, i do oil every before/after every track day or at 2500 miles, whichever comes first. plugs i tend to do annually, although it's probably not necessary, pending how often you drive the car. pads/rotors/tires are just replaced as needed, basically to shorten it, for early, look at the subaru suggested maintenance, and do everything a few thousand miles early for the major ones.

motul is quality oil, and every 5k km is roughly 3100 miles. which is what IAG calls for in their blocks, i think they call for 3k miles, might be 3500. i'm a bit on the extreme side doing it every 2k-2500 miles lol. but i also dont daily drive the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts