IW STi Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
with any of these options, does one still retain the aux input?

for example, once either the factory option or the Pac.audio box is installed does the OEM aux input still function? basically id like to have an old ipod in the glovebox kinda permanently and an iphone on the aux to be used for more recent donwload ed stuff, etc.

i have factory Navi/Sat (now no longer maintained with an active subscription...XM is so 2005)

thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
i cant see the pics either. I have sat radio and bluetooth currently installed and run my ipod through my arm rest with the av cables. Is there any way possible to run all 3 ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
How on earth can we get IPOD interaction on our EU Foresters ?

I own a 2008 Forester 2.0 Diesel with factory navigation. No IPOD integration. I then bought a kit in the US that states it connects to the Forester navigation. (part nr: H621SSC200) just not with sat radio, nice I though, since we do not have sat radio here.

Everything connects fine and as it should. The IPOD charges and the Subaru logo is displayed on the ipod. Great.

I power on the navigation and hit the AUDIO buttom. But to my horror the SAT (or any other icon for that matter, related to an ipod) is not there.. Only FM,MW,LW and DVD.

The guide for the US kit states that you should use the SAT menu, since it cannot work together with SAT radio in the US. So I figure that that menu will come on my system. But no.

So EU owners and lucky people to have Long Wave Radio cannot get IPOD integration on factory navigation. - in 2009, wow ......

Not the best 160$ I have spend on my car...

So let this be a warning to all of you EU owners... Don't buy the US IPOD integration kit for a european Subaru. It doesn't work...

Jesper
This is exactly the same in Australia. I bought the same kit, and had the same issue. No SAT selection in the Audio menu.... :tdown:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Haven't found a thread addressing it on iwsti, so I'll put it in here:
I have an 09 STi with the NAV kit. It came with the SAT radio kit. I ordered the iPod kit from SGP and installed it this weekend. I had to take the SAT radio kit out because you can only fit one or the other. The kit went in without a hitch. It works perfectly with an iPhone 3GS, and a 4th Gen iPod touch. But when I plug my iPhone 4S into it, it charges, but when you go into the music section on the iPhone, the screen flickers between the "this accessory is connected" and the normal music display. On the HU display in just flashes "attached-detached-attached"...etc.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16585942#16585942
I'm watching this thread for a solution. I just tried my bosses iPhone4 in my car. Works perfectly. I tried my iPhone 4S in his 2009 Acura TL. His car uses a usb port that you plug the standard ipod cable into. Works perfectly. So my next question is: Do they make a female ipod cable that can convert to female usb, so that I could try the standard ipod cable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear all,

I'm having a really annoying problem and this post might be one of my only references.
I'm trying to install the navigation unit from a 2008 WRX STI into a 2006 WRX.
At first everything worked as I suggested it. I connected at the moment only the main connector (power, speakers, etc.) + Radio Antenna. There's no GPS Module, no CAN Bus, etc. connected.

After around 1 hour or ~50km the Navigation Unit seems to deactivate all function.
On the screen there's displayd only 1 word "SECURITY" - see link below:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

When this occurs every function is deactivated - the volume can't be changed, the discs can't be ejected, it isn't possible to switch from CD to Radio, etc.
BUT if the Radio was playing music from the CD before the message came, it's still playing the music.

Now I was searching on google for pictures (subaru nav security) and found a picture where this message is also displayd. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore in this post.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is with my navigation unit? Is it maybe cause the Navi doesn't get any signal from the CAN bus or something? Or the missing GPS module?

Would be great if anyone could give me any information... allready trying to find something in 3 different forums, but no helpfull ideas yet.
Kenwood told me they can't help - only Subaru, and I'm still waiting for an answer from Subaru Austria.

Thanks to all for your help!

Rgds,
Julian

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 08 sti non-navi and bought an iPod interface (non-navi)second hand. Went to install and notice I don't have the (big)black plug that goes into the interface unit. My car doesn't have navi or sat. Did I buy the wrong interface? Only have 2 white, 1 (single wire)black, and the antenna in my dash harness. Kit came with everything including screws. H621sfg501

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Has anyone been using this iPod integration kit with an iPhone 3GS running the latest version it can have which is iOS 6.1.6?

It's just sitting around so if I can use that instead of having to plug my 5 in the rgb plug each time, it would free up some space in the arm rest :p

61 - 71 of 71 Posts