IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Does Anyone know of anyone that has connected both and has a switch between the 2.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I have not connected both, but I can tell you that:

1) The stock stereo has an option for SAT001, SAT002, and SAT003, so it looks like it has the software capability.

2) The iPod unit has another input that I didn't use, which I presume is to daisy-chain the XM/Sirius unit together with the iPod, so it seems to have the hardware capability.

Knowing these two facts, I can comfortably say that is it possible, but I am not positive.

Does Anyone know of anyone that has connected both and has a switch between the 2.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I just completed the install for a non-Nav STi...
Thanks for your notes! I just installed it myself using this guide and your addedums. The one line system seemed to be quite a joke at first but I am getting used to it now. It's actually not quite bad. I'm completely content with my purchase.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have not connected both, but I can tell you that:

1) The stock stereo has an option for SAT001, SAT002, and SAT003, so it looks like it has the software capability.

2) The iPod unit has another input that I didn't use, which I presume is to daisy-chain the XM/Sirius unit together with the iPod, so it seems to have the hardware capability.

Knowing these two facts, I can comfortably say that is it possible, but I am not positive.
Its def possible. On the Non nav units there is just 1 auxillary so you would need a switch connected to a relay that interrupts/switch the ACC line on the sat and iPod units.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am thinkung about the i-Pod adapter for the Navi. I am aware you can not have BOTH the SAT/iPod. However the i-{pd adapter comes with T-harness which allows to connect BOTH the SAT and i-POD. If you do that, I assume both the SAT and i-Pods get power. Which unit superceeds which on teh SAT outpit of the HU?
- i-Pod wins over Sat
- SAT wins over i-{od

if iPod wins over SAT, then by simply un-plugging the iPpod one should revert to SAT on, right?
Tnks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the extra female connection would be used to plug in a satellite radio system that was already being used on the stock Navigation. I did not have a satellite radio system already installed so I just left the extra black female connector hanging free. Here is a picture looking down at the top of the Navigation unit with the black male connector clipped in (notice the black female connector in the upper left of the picture):

Any one try and plug in both SAT and Ipod? Does this work?

·
Registered
239 Posts
so is it logical to say that since our cars in canada come equipped with SAT and NAV that if I unplug SAT then I could do this ipod integration?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does anyone know if I can install the SAT kit on a base STi radio and keep the AUX audio jack input? Or if I upgrade to the factory nav can I keep the audio jack and the SAT???

·
Registered
142 Posts
Any one try and plug in both SAT and Ipod? Does this work?
I have tried it with the ipod unit plugged into the NAV headunit and the XM module plugged into the ipod harness. As soon as I plug the XM in, it takes control and there is no ipod control, as soon as I unplug it, the ipod starts playing immediately. I'm not sure if this means the satelite will always trump the ipod or if it means the "terminating" module will take control. I'll try it the other way soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
can someone with nav + ipod module comment on the interface along w/ some screen shots? is there any lag when pressing the buttons on the steering wheel? i kinda wanna buy this but if the interface sucks like the built-in mp3 function then i'd skip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
can someone with nav + ipod module comment on the interface along w/ some screen shots? is there any lag when pressing the buttons on the steering wheel? i kinda wanna buy this but if the interface sucks like the built-in mp3 function then i'd skip.

The interface works as advertised. You can change songs using the "> <' buttons on the steering wheel. There is a short delay (1-2 seconds). ALso, for duringinterval, the volume changes if you are using the i-Pod "sound check/leveling" function and reverts to the original volume (higher/lower).

What is a bit annoying is that when you are trying to change repeat/shuffle functions or artiss, playlists, you have to do it on a very small line (top right or the screen, above the Category arrow) which changes to red letters on blu screen: not the most readable font size and color choice)

Sorry I have no pics, but you can see the owners manual almost at the end of this page
Free Publications > Accessory Installation Guides
2009 iPod Interface Kit Owners Manual - Forester, Impreza (H621SSC200) (1733.62 kb)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, found you via a link that had been posted on scoobynet.com.

Very interesting read and over in euroland we get stuffed up the preverbial, there is no ipod control option at all!!! So some of us are thinking about importing a few of these units.

I have a quick favour to the non navi unit guys that have done this conversion. Who is your head unit made by?? I have just pulled my non nav out and found Clarion made mine in 2008. So before I spend the cash I'd like to know its going to work. I do have an empty 20 pin (2 x 10) connector on my head unit, in the same place as the instructions.

Cheers
CD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats the part I found, but want to check who makes your units before I buy and import 1.

As the fitment is not a direct 1, on UK spec models there is already a box of tricks in the place where the unit controller wants to sit according to the instructions. If there is 1 difference, there will be others.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts