IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
well this site made me so paranoid that i went out and had the 09 fix even removed and enlarged and extra pieces added such as the whole sideskirt , and dogleg on the front done. So far so good as i dont have a single rock chip on my car!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Anyone else getting paint flaking around the joints where the front bumper and the fender meet? My paint has just started flaking down to primer??? Also similar story on top rear of car near front end of the wing and on the front lip of the hood. Headed to the dealer today to discuss.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Anyone else getting paint flaking around the joints where the front bumper and the fender meet? My paint has just started flaking down to primer??? Also similar story on top rear of car near front end of the wing and on the front lip of the hood. Headed to the dealer today to discuss.
Yes, I have a ton of chips in the front of the car with less than 7000 miles and I do not live in a snow area. Just daily driving has taken huge chips out of my hood, bumper, fenders, etc. Looks terrible. I almost cry every time I look at it.

I have called the dealer a few times with no calls back in the past. Going to try again or try a different dealer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, I have a ton of chips in the front of the car with less than 7000 miles and I do not live in a snow area. Just daily driving has taken huge chips out of my hood, bumper, fenders, etc. Looks terrible. I almost cry every time I look at it.

I have called the dealer a few times with no calls back in the past. Going to try again or try a different dealer.
going to pm my vin to you for comparison to see if we are even close to each other...

Here are some ok pics I took; it's cloudy out. Looks like on my drivers side it is starting to rust and the lip on the bumper side has rubbed a bunch of the paint off already... does not seem that my bumper is on very tight imo. If you push on it you can feel a little give. The pics with the joint running left to right across the photo are about top center above my hatch. That is the joint between my wing and the upper portion of the hatch.
http://img188.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imag0407.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
UPDATE: For those watching...SOA approved the invoice yesterday May 18 for $3,500.00 work should start today!
Update (these updates r getting g redundant) but SOA didn't auth the work until June 2...the Bodyshop has begun the work but is was supposed to be done today! With almost 75% of the car getting repainted I am afraid they may be having a problem matching!! I now don't even know how excited I should be to get a car back that has had so much paint work and basiclly no longer new? If I find any issues what do I say how should I go Foward? Will I be able claim it a LEMON? I don't want to start throwing the L word around but I have a bad feeling about this! It's now been almost 6 weeks!!:mad:

·
Registered
799 Posts
if you find any issues with your new paint job, you should take it right back to the shop and have em fix it. Most body shops are insured for this type of situation. Also, make sure you inspect the car before taking it back, and see that it is done to your liking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you find any issues with your new paint job, you should take it right back to the shop and have em fix it. Most body shops are insured for this type of situation. Also, make sure you inspect the car before taking it back, and see that it is done to your liking.
Your correct there but I was told by someone that ur vehical gets depreciated when it gets painted as much as mine is...plus will it really look new? Like a 6-7 month old car should? That is my gripe...heck I love the car...but maybe this one has been diminished in value to much to not fight over!?!:confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Spoke to my local Dealer y'day and was told chips are from road debris and they might authorize a touch up. Anyone with finder chipping get SOA to approve repair? Tips?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Spoke to my local Dealer y'day and was told chips are from road debris and they might authorize a touch up. Anyone with finder chipping get SOA to approve repair? Tips?
I was only able to get the hole car auth after a month long of waiting and talking to the dealership I purchased the car from...between the Bodyshop manager, the general manager of the entire dealership and myself the work got auth! SOA only wanted to paint the sides and the bottom of the rear passengers side doors but not the hood, roof, & everything else that was chipped! Get every and anybody involved that you can...and pray it will work 4 you!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Talked to the dealer yesterday. The service manager was very nice but he said there is nothing he can do unless the chipping in on the rear doors. He did tell me to call SOA at 800-SUBARU-3 and speak with them. On hold right now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Talked to SOA customer service. Very nice woman on the phone. She said that the dealer should have definitely taken photos and that the rear door issue is not the only issue that the dealer can handle. I will be making an appt to take the car back again.

She asked what the chipping was from in the front and I told her that it was rocks, etc but that the front looked like a car with many more miles. She was not fazed at all when I told her about the chips. I don't drive on dirt roads, don't follow closely, heck I don't even really speed on the freeway.

So it sounds as if at least SOA will look into it. I'll keep this thread updated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who did you talk to? I might ask for them to keep the info centralized to one handler for the front end chipping.
I don't think it matters.

SOA has agreed to repaint the whole front of my car. I just got the news. I was very calm when I talked to them and explained the problem. The case went to the regional manager who agreed and now I just need to schedule the work with my local dealer. I agreed with them that I would install clear bra after the paint work was done.

So keep calling!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Car is going to the body shop on Monday so we'll see what she looks like when I get it back.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Paint came out okay. Need to rebuff some. Waiting for the paint to cure to install the clear bra.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Purchased: July 2009
Colour: Spark Silver
Mileage - when discovered: 13,400
Mileage - current: 13,870
Type of driving: Moderately Spirited on Tarmac highway/back roads. I go to my camp a few times a month and I have to drive 25+/- miles round trip on a gravel/dirt road.

Actions taken:
Appointment at Subaru dealer this week.
The service manager is a very good friend of mine, my GR has already had the chips repaired but they are back again and worse then ever. My passenger side is 1000x worse than my drivers side, my right rear wheel is so chipped its not even funny. This all happened this past weekend, I was at my camp and drove on the gravel/dirt road at least 50 miles. I heard rocks and stones banging off the car the whole ride...but I had n other way to get there and I was 75 miles away from home.

My front bumper/hood is chipped like the sides, I didn't take photos of the front end.

Photos:

What do I do about this? DO you think they will take care of it at the dealer? I've NEVER seen a vehicle do this before this bad.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Purchased: July 2009
Colour: Spark Silver
Mileage - when discovered: 13,400
Mileage - current: 13,870
Type of driving: Moderately Spirited on Tarmac highway/back roads. I go to my camp a few times a month and I have to drive 25+/- miles round trip on a gravel/dirt road.

Actions taken:
Appointment at Subaru dealer this week.
The service manager is a very good friend of mine, my GR has already had the chips repaired but they are back again and worse then ever. My passenger side is 1000x worse than my drivers side, my right rear wheel is so chipped its not even funny. This all happened this past weekend, I was at my camp and drove on the gravel/dirt road at least 50 miles. I heard rocks and stones banging off the car the whole ride...but I had n other way to get there and I was 75 miles away from home.

My front bumper/hood is chipped like the sides, I didn't take photos of the front end.

Photos:

What do I do about this? DO you think they will take care of it at the dealer? I've NEVER seen a vehicle do this before this bad.
:eek::eek:

Update?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Had my rear fender/door areas touched up by dealer and the protector placed on areas..then went home and put RA's on:tup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Whats everyone's thoughts on the clear bra they put in the rear fenders for the 2009 year. I know they increased the size, I was just wondering if its worth it for me to get them replaced with a slightly bigger piece or if they do a decent job of protecting them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently installed the larger pieces on my car after getting the dealer to do a repaint (based on prior experience I didn't want the dealer to do the clearbra), and I was wondering if anyone else had fitment issues on the side spoiler pieces? I couldn't get these to fit properly no matter what I tried...

81 - 100 of 181 Posts