IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate how the 08's center console looks...

Ok so... I really dislike the 2 silver stripes/border pieces on the sides of the radio/nav and I don't like how the section around the shift knob meets the upper center console, it looks like a 04 STi...

In the 05-07 models they made it... smooth and it flowed nicely...

End rant.

Also I hate the overall look of the trunk to hell, especially the piece between the tail lights and the license plate area.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I shall discuss what I want.

I am not going to buy a 08 either way, just merely discussing.

Perhaps the upcoming years SubaRu will change things.
Yes I am sure subaru is eagerly reading your useless thread, looking for ideas on what to do with the next version STi. :rolleyes: Dude get over it. I honestly don't see how you could not like the 08 interior as I happen to think it is one of its strong points. To each his own I guess. I just don't see why you feel the need to bash it, when you don't even own one. Get over it.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
The only thing I don't really like about the '08 interior is the red hazard button. There is something about it that bothers me...too shiny and blah or something. I also preferred the round heating vents but other than that, the new interior is way better than my '05's.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
meh i like it. it's definitely a visual upgrade. thE gd interior was boring. the new hvac knobs are more solid feeling. the c.diff controller feels a little chintzy.
Nandan and i noticed that it comes standard with a jdm red hazard. :D

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm not saying the 08 interior is worse than previous years, it's obviously better, what I'm saying is I like how the 05-07 model's center console is 1 smooth running piece, as the 08's are in 2 separate sections.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I like the console shape of my '08 more than my '07. The '08 wraps around you more and is more usable. The wider-than-DIN radio sucks, but a $65 real DIN-sized dash panel from Japan is solving that. The only thing that I miss from the '07 is the little storage compartment that the '07 had on the left side lower section of the dash. That was handy for the garage remote and mail key.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree. The 08 interior is far better then the prior years. Its not up to par with a Lexus or BMW, but it is getting better and better. Thats my main complaint with my soon to be old WRX. The interior is cheap. I cant wait for my SSM 08 STi.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The G37 has the most flawless interior and it's the same price as a STi...

If only it didn't weight 3668 pds...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its base is the same price. But It prices out close to 43k with all the fancy options. I like that interior but cant stand Infiniti's navi-knob thing. If only I could convince the wife that a 2dr coupe is family friendly. :(

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
I actually think that interior is rather ugly and old man-ish.

The G37 has the most flawless interior and it's the same price as a STi...

If only it didn't weight 3668 pds...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts