IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have searched high and low for this issue yet I can't come up with any info on what is going on with my clutch. Maybe I am not searching the correct terms or possibly this is a completely isolated issue and I'm the only one having it.

Here is what is going on, some days my clutch pedal will feel completely fine and have the normal (what seems like) 0.5" of throw play at the top of the stroke before the pedal engages with the master cylinder other days I'll get into my car and the pedal goes id say roughly 75% of the throw before I feel it engage with the master, basically its just flopping around and the only thing bringing the pedal back up is the spring in the assembly. The clutch seems to engage and disengage just fine with the short amount of throw I get. I don't really understand how this is possible because I'm literally getting 1/3rd of the throw I should be getting. Anyway, can anyone chime into what's causing this and how I can fix it, it's getting worse and worse lately. Sometimes it will stay like this all day or sometimes it will go back to normal after a short drive.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spot welds seem fine, when I look under the dash the pedal mount doesn't move at all. If it where the spot welds the problem would always be happening, this problem is intermittent.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fluid level is good, I was going to do a fluid flush on it. I cant seem to find much info on the process though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
nipple on the master cylinder and one on the slave, other than that, I am not familiar with the procedure, but I would imagine using a vacuum pump to bleed each one would be fairly safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts