IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Build Log.

I always wanted to do an STI swap in a 2 door RS GC8, and I finally got financially stable enough to do so.

At any case this tuesday 08.07.2012 I purchased a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI which was smashed in the rear end, and decided to make the swap happen.

My understanding is it was a Colorado car.

Heres the car as I bought it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saturday Yanked the engine, Transmission, Radiator & Condenser Rack & Pinion & Motor Bracket with the whole power steering system, Rear Diff & Rear Knuckle Assemblies, All the Brakes, Front Knuckles, Sway Bars & All, and all the struts, Tore down the front end, headlights, fenders, doors, sideskirts, bumper, removed all the wiring from the engine bay & removed A/C Lines, Removed the Dash board, the seats, the doors and floors.

Here some pics, didnt take too many, too busy working haha.

- lol couple of beers later....

All the Dash pieces

Got everything else done Sunday. The busted STI shell is sitting outside. Took me 24 hours to completely bolt for bolt remove everything. I read somewhere a guy has been at it for 3+ years, sweet mother of god.....

Just some parts

Nothing left heheh

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Shell Arrives

Just a mock up of fenders hehe

Ugly ass trunk for now, just to cover shit up CARBON FIBER ON THE WAY. Later sometime haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gutted the RS

Now just to make the holes the same way. oh boi....

Making the mold for holes

A little messing around time

Sweet Mother of all Cluster Flucks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: cut this here thinga majig off, car is about to get alittle front clip swap stuff. (thats the 07 sti front end, if anyone noticed, and no it wont be seam welded halfs into the strut tower, i jsut cut a little extra so my body guy has more to work with.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Standing by the door way waiting for this man like a crack addict waiting for his dealer to get a fix

Suppose it was well worth it though

And this little piggy also arrived

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more small update, just got off the phone with 9K racing and also ordered a Carbon Fiber Seibon Trunk as well, so the gc8 will be lighter then a cactus.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here some tits(almost) before night fall

Steering I brought over to help mount to the front end

Busted RS when it arrived to the shop

Front clip

Removing the front clip

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Nice work. While you are at it why don't you open up the front wheel wells so you have the option of running larger tires? Or is that already in the plan?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts