IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale is my 2007 Subaru WRX STI. Asking price is $28,000. I am open to reasonable offers from those who read the description and know the amount of work that has gone into the vehicle. I have tried to describe the best I can the work that has been done over the past years. I am happy to answer questions and provide additional pictures.
The car was originally purchased new in 2007 from Dwyer Subaru in Commerce Township with approximately 60 miles on the odometer. Since then, I have been the only owner and with the exception of the first year, it has not seen a winter outside storage nor has it ever been in an accident.
The first modifications were done by Street Legal Customs in Royal Oak Michigan within the first year of ownership. This was the installation of a Perrin dual-tube exhaust and all the Defi gauges/control unit.
After SLC closed its doors I began taking the car to Speed Industry in Troy Michigan. After I installed bigger injectors, a Forced Performance (FP) green turbo, new intercooler, fuel pump and some other modifications SI installed an Aquamist Methanol system and polyurethane engine mounts. The car was then tuned for these new modifications. I don’t remember the exact numbers but it was in the low to mid 300AWHP.
After SI changed owners I took the car to Horsepower Techs in Clinton Twp where the mechanic from SI started his own business. HPT installed the Excedy clutch and Mishimoto radiator/reservoir.
In 2011 the original stock motor failed with approximately 53,000 miles on the car (currently it has approximately 75,000 miles). The car was originally tuned with methanol. As the boost increased, fuel was tuned out and replaced by the methanol. The issue was caused by the meth injector working its way out of the intercooler which intern deprived the motor of fuel. Once the engine lost compression the car was immediately towed and checked out. The block was checked and cleared to be rebuilt. Automotive Machine in Fraser Michigan machined the block. Billy Briggs, Motor City Speed in Commerce, assembled the bottom and top end. Myself and a good friend/mechanic assembled the rest.
After the car was put back together it was taken to Pure Tuning in Ohio for all other shop modifications/tuning. The car was conservatively tuned on these mods and made approximately 350AWHP.
In 2016 the car began having boost issues and was brought back to PT to get sorted out. These issues were as a result of my mistake when re-assembling the turbo bolts in the incorrect order where it marries up to the up-pipe. There were 3 bolts in various lengths. I had the shorter bolt in the spot where it needed the longer bolt therefore it was not a secure fit. The extreme heat and torque eventually caused a gap between these parts causing the boost issues. I spoke with Keith at PT and since my model of FP Green turbo was no longer made and had been converted to an EWG set up, we felt that the best approach was to change to a new set up. The items that were replaced were the turbo (swapped for a Blouch 1.5 dominator, internally gated), up-pipe, downpipe, boost solenoid and cold air intake (custom built by Keith at PT). Other items that were added were Tomei equal length headers, HKS Super Turbo 1080 exhaust, carbon exhaust shroud, Forge BOV, Perrin turbo shroud and various other miscellaneous items. PT also retuned the car based on all these modifications. The car makes 400awhp as of today.
The intake manifold was custom powder coated by QC coatings in Madison Heights.
I have done all the cosmetic mods to include the carpet swap, deck lid swap, grill, hood struts, shifter bushings and more.
I also installed the coilovers and had Auto-Europe in Birmingham Michigan set the car up after the install.
Autometric rolled/shaved the fenders and installed the rear body flares behind the rear wheels.
Mikey Shore in Keego Harbor Michigan did the install of all the stereo equipment.
The meth kit has been removed and sold.
This car has never been beat on, tracked or been to the drag strip.
There are normal dings around the body consistent with a 12+ year old car.
The stock intercooler water tank has been removed and dis-guarded.
The COBB Access-port is also included.
An ODB2 engine code reader is also included.
The following stock items are included as well:
Driver side A-pillar trim
Stock shifter ball
New K&N air filter (no box)
Various rubber hoses, nuts, bolts, body/trim clips etc.
Spare tire

The rear deck lid was swapped with someone from a local forum in the second year of ownership. At the time I had not noticed it had been repaired in the lower left corner. It appears to have been damaged as it took a lot of tweaking to get it to fit properly. It also has very minor signs of some bubbling, possibly rust under the surface (see pictures).
The Excedy clutch and flywheel are fantastic although noisy. I have had this checked out by two separate shops who have said it is completely normal and it is functioning properly. You can verify these twin discs are noisy via a simple internet/forum search.
The Defi EGT gage is not hooked up at the moment. The sensor had stuck in the stock headers and was not able to be removed without damaging it. All that needs to be done is welding a bung in the Tomei header and purchasing a new sensor for the gauge.

Engine:
  • CP 99.5mm/9.0:1 pistons
  • Manley H-beam rods
  • Clevite main bearings
  • Clevite rod bearings
  • Crower 272 stage 4 cams w/ supporting springs and retainers
  • new OEM lifters
  • new OEM waterpump
  • Gates timing belt
  • 11mm OEM Subaru oil pump
  • KillerBee oil pick-up
  • ARP studs
  • TGV deletes
  • Air pump delete
  • Perrin 3" turbo inlet
  • Moroso Aluminum Coolant Expansion Tank
  • Misimoto Aluminum Radiator
  • Misimoto Radiator hoses
  • Blouch Dominator 1.5 turbo
  • Perrin turbo heat shield
  • Tomei Expreme UEL Headers w/ Uppipe
  • Grimmspeed 3-port boost solenoid
  • ID 1000cc injectors
  • Forge BOV
  • Custom SS CAI
  • Large TMIC
  • Walbro 255 fuel pump
  • Aquamist HFS-5 Water/Meth Injection System (100% meth)
  • Injen catless Down-pipe
  • HKS Super Turbo 1080 exhaust
  • Protune Pure Tuning
  • Cobb AP
  • TurboXS catch-can
  • HKS turbo timer
  • Beatrush pitch mount
  • Group-N engine mounts
  • Exedy HyperSeries Compe-D Twin Disc Cerimetalic clutch w/ lightweight flywheel (FM022SDL)

Handling/Suspension:
  • TEIN rear strut bar
  • Apexi EXV N1 coilovers
Interior:
  • Kenwood 7100 double din with Bluetooth, Sat Radio, DVD, Navigation, and Ipod w/video.
  • Infinity Kappa speakers front
  • Infinity Kappa speakers rear
  • Rockford Fostgate T400-4 amp
  • Defi BF 60mm Boost, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Fuel Temp, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Water Temp gauges with control unit
  • AEM wideband AF gauge
  • Kartboy shortshifter
  • Kartboy front shifter bushing
  • Kartboy rear shifter bushing
  • M1 Abrams shifter ball
  • black floor carpet with black STI mats

Exterior:
  • 08 front/rear STI badges
  • rear deck wing delete
  • polyurethane front lower lip
  • rear body aprons
  • 18x8.5 Rays 57f Gram Lights in bronze with Nitto NT05 245/40 18 (fenders rolled)
  • DBA 5000 drilled/slotted front rotors
  • DBA 4000 drilled/slotted rear rotors
  • Goodrich SS brake lines
  • Rays Lugs
  • OEM fogs w/ HALO HID conversion (yellow) bulbs
  • High intensity LED city lights
  • NOVA LED back up bulbs
  • #9011 bulbs for the high beams
  • Perrin license plate cover
  • Grillcraft upper grills
  • 04/05 Rear Tail lights
Engine bay accessories: