IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

After many years of STI/WRX ownership (Since 2002) I have moved on to a new car to enjoy my track hobbies.

This car had the touring package, traction control and starshield

Mod List:

*Kold-Fire 270 HP ECU flash
*BOE Fastworks Torque 300+ Software/Tune
*Really Light Stuff Intercooler and light IC tubes
*Custom MCU closed-loop temp-controlled Intercooler fans within the IC shroud.
*BOE Silent Touch exhaust
*NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs
*V2 Motorsports baffled fuel tank
*V2 Motorsports baffled oil pan
*Sector 111 QWKCANS catch cans

*Nitron "Singles" coil-overs with Hyperco 450 lb/in front and 600 lb/in rear spring rates
*Sector 111 RTD2 rear toe-link brace with Nitron toe-pins
*V2 Motorsports steering arms
*Factory LSS wheels [6.5" front, 7.5" rear] with Toyo R888 tires
*DBA 5000-series 2-piece rotors
*Carbotech Bobcat for street and XP pads for track

*Stereo currently deleted, speaker grilles in-place for discreet look. DIN cubby to hold smartphone. All wiring kept intact if you want to put a big bumpin' system back in.
*Difflow Flat diffuser with Difflow rear panel delete. Heat shields kept intact as much as possible and painted high-temp ceramic flat black.
*Hand-laid 72 gram carbon fiber battery holder for the Shorai LFX36
*Sector 111 trunk bootie.
*Sector 111 V-force harness bar
*Tecnocraft T3 Carbon Fiber Seats
*Schroth ASM 4pt Harness
*Weathershield HP car cover

Attachments

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and let the modifications begin :D

The only things on my list are a quick release steering wheel and seats. Being a wider guy (38" waist) and 6'1" space is an issue with the car. I can fit with a helmet but the narrow stock seats dig a bit into my hip bones on very long drives.

Decided to go with a flatter bottom CF seat by Technocraft. Just ordered a set in Carbon

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
DUDE! You were in the D? We could have hooked up for a hot minute! (and I could have seen the new car!) Looks nice.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: 2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White

It looks awesome, always wanted one ... I would debate between a gen 2 cayman s and this tough choice
Gen 2 cayman s and cayman r were both in the running. But I cannot have another car that competes as a DD with my Ford.

Then I drove an Exige S again a couple weeks ago and I had to have one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is amazing, they are single adjustable coilovers. I have them set in the middle right now and they are well dampened. Its probably less stiff than my Subaru feels honestly.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No power steering so for very slow turns its got a lot of weight but easy at speed. You can feel everything the car is doing, amazing feel. It is crazy that in my driveway I have an Exige S, Focus ST and STI at the same time. STI hopefully will be sold soon though, I am driving it a bit and its running well which is going to be great for the next owner.

I am just blown away by the Lotus, its soooo raw and I found the perfect example from the perfect owner.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
perfect upgrade. Does it have a clean title?

Those cars are going up in value every month!

·
Registered
391 Posts
No power steering so for very slow turns its got a lot of weight but easy at speed. You can feel everything the car is doing, amazing feel. It is crazy that in my driveway I have an Exige S, Focus ST and STI at the same time. STI hopefully will be sold soon though, I am driving it a bit and its running well which is going to be great for the next owner.

I am just blown away by the Lotus, its soooo raw and I found the perfect example from the perfect owner.
How's the ST for DD duty? I am contemplating the move to an ST (32mpg!) or GTI (31mpg!) and getting rid of the STi and buying a fun weekend project.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get a TDI honestly. The ST is great for DD duty and occasional track/autox. The gas mileage is impossible to hit really. On freeway if I keep speeds under 70 I can get 30-31mpg max depending on city/country winds... Around town I average about 26-27mpg with most tanks, closer to 22-23 in the winter months.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, i've always wanted a lotus exige. If i ever decide to purchase one it will definitely be used lol these cars are mucho dinero. So this will be your DD?

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
perfect upgrade. Does it have a clean title?

Those cars are going up in value every month!
Yes, it has a clean title.

Congrats on the purchase, i've always wanted a lotus exige. If i ever decide to purchase one it will definitely be used lol these cars are mucho dinero. So this will be your DD?
Ha Definitely not a DD :D I will drive it on nice weekend days and at the track... that is all :D I still have my STI which is for sale and I DD my Ford Focus ST.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my Tecnocraft t3 seats today and in. They forgot the headrest padding so probably having JPM make me something.

They are much more comfy than the stock seats but they have no bolstering so will need a 6pt harness for track no doubts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 187 Posts