IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Well I think this is good....for me any ways. This means that the 06 will be some what "rare" when compared to the other STIs. I'm anxious to see what the next design will look like.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
PlatinumTurbo said:
Well, the 06 and 07 will share the front like the 04 and 05 do. A redesigned impreza will come end of 2007 as the 08 model year.
Oh, I get it. This is the only car I know that changes every year :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That's surprising, but cool I guess. I really like the 06 A LOT, but some of the concepts I've seen of the 08 or 09 or whatever it is are very cool also. The lights sort of extend up the hood slightly and the front end looks even more aggressive. I can't believe Subaru wants to maintain all these different parts though - seems like a nightmare.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
"Rowley would not state what the new design will be for future Subies. However, it will be based on work from (now ex-) Subaru chief designer Andreas Zapatinas. Zapatinas, as you may remember, had previously designed cars for both Alfa Romeo and Fiat"

Isn't this the same guy that designed the 2006 model Subaru Impreza?

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
YeloFva said:
"Rowley would not state what the new design will be for future Subies. However, it will be based on work from (now ex-) Subaru chief designer Andreas Zapatinas. Zapatinas, as you may remember, had previously designed cars for both Alfa Romeo and Fiat"

Isn't this the same guy that designed the 2006 model Subaru Impreza?
according to wikipedia:

Rev. F (2006): The WRX STi continues on relatively the same. The Impreza line's looks have been changed by Andreas Zapatinas.

The WRX STi Spec C's receives the Arai tuned dampers and a 21-mm swaybar. The rear suspension is changed from rubber bushings to pillowball bushings. The strut tower was further stiffened for improved handling and stability. The strut towers were reinforced for better handling and better ride characteristics. The engine mounts were changed from metal to liquid-filled plastic mounts to reduce vibrations into the car's cabin.

The DCCD is updated with the use of a torque-sensing mechanism inside the DCCD. The torque split is changed to 41/59.

The WRX STi Spec C was used for Group N homologation.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The 06 nose has never grown on me, i think they should go back to something like the 22B :)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
YeloFva said:
Oh, I get it. This is the only car I know that changes every year :D
Nooo.... the damn honda civic changes literally like every year man. Ive seen so many different body styles. pos either way :D Did anyone catch the title to that artical? Like (mike) jackson, subi under goes a nose job hahah...

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Subaru has gone Hollywood. They got more nose jobs then Dr. 90210.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
If the new front end went retro with a 22Bish version, possibility slight variant... It would just be amazing in my book.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
OMG yeah 22B style would be amazing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts