IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 2006 sti that when i went to change both upstream and downstream 02 sensors and went for a drive it starts cutting out in boost and lugging forward but if you slowly ease onto the throttle it’s just fine but when you floor it the car just doesn’t want to go anywhere it falls flat on its face im all stock by the way stock exhaust stock everything.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,136 Posts
The car has a sensor issue just now?

Why did you change them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car has a sensor issue just now?

Why did you change them?
i changed them because the previous owner told me they needed new 02 sensors both up stream and don’t stream and he told me the turbo was pushing 8 pounds instead of 12 pounds stock numbers because of the 02 sensors and i did have a check engine like and i ran the code machine and told me my catalytic converter was clogged up and both my sensors were bad before the car pulled strong now it lugs and i can’t floor it cause the car just falls flat on its face i made some holes in the catalytic converter to see if i could clear it up and it didn’t do nothing but it was indeed clogged up .

·
Premium Member
See about
6,136 Posts
Rear O2 sensor will not read normal values with a non-functional CAT and will throw a code.

Reactions: subiwoo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear O2 sensor will not read normal values with a non-functional CAT and will throw a code.
that’s good to know so what do you recommend me to do ? the car just is so unresponsive if you slowly ease into it it’s fine but if not it’s slow and it just lugs i was thinking of just getting a full cat back exhaust instead like a tomei but i don’t see how that would fix the problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can post a log here and I can look at it, but the PO was feeding you BS.
can i add that my dads friend thought it would be a good idea to put spray foam shit or whatever it’s called through the cabin filer so it can clean my “catalytic converter” that’s when shit went south

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not even sure what happened here? He sprayed foam on the cabin filter, as in... The filter for your HVAC?
yes it wasn’t foam it was a spray i can later take a pic of the can it’s supposed to clean my catalytic converter and he had me steady rev it at 2500 rmps just keeping it there and when you spray it in it was supposed to shoot white smoke to clean it but it didn’t smoke at all that’s when we know something went wrong i went to go drive and it was so sluggish it like jumps when boosting

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not even sure what happened here? He sprayed foam on the cabin filter, as in... The filter for your HVAC?
keep in mind the car was fine running absolutely like a gem pulling hard i just wanted to change the o2 sensors and we changed them and before i drove it my dads friend thought it would be a good idea to spray that spray shit through my cabin filer pipe

·
Registered
657 Posts
lololol well this seems like a bunch of bad advice was given to you. if the cats are clogged that can prevent it from boosting and throw codes, IF that is the case, you wont want to clean them, you'll want to replace them.

and spraying something through a cabin filter will not do anything to clean cats.....not sure what your dads friend was talking about. but stop taking advice from him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lololol well this seems like a bunch of bad advice was given to you. if the cats are clogged that can prevent it from boosting and throw codes, IF that is the case, you wont want to clean them, you'll want to replace them.

and spraying something through a cabin filter will not do anything to clean cats.....not sure what your dads friend was talking about. but stop taking advice from him.
that’s what i’m saying but before i changed the 02 sensors and put the spray shit it was running mint so i really don’t know what went wrong at this point

·
Super Moderator
8,794 Posts
So, it was not sprayed at the HVAC filter?

You may try something simple, like replacing the spark plugs. But I'm not 100% sure what's happened here. Tell your dad's friend to stay away from your cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, it was not sprayed at the HVAC filter?

You may try something simple, like replacing the spark plugs. But I'm not 100% sure what's happened here. Tell your dad's friend to stay away from your cars.
yeah i might try that if i don’t end up finding anything else it’s just so unresponsive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts