IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the fuse's are for the turn signals?

I dont beleive it. I get in my 2006 STI this morning to drive to the doc and on the way I notice that both turn signals dont work. I checked all my other electrical and seems to be good, radio, gauges, TT, EBT, brake lights, inside lights, brights, DRL, BUT NO TURN SIGNALS. ANY help will be appreciated.

I have the Defi Gauge's installed professionally by me following all directions to the T up on the dash (clock triple pod) Boost,EGT, and oil pressure
I have an aftermarket radio installed.
I have both a Greddy TT and EBT as well but both are hooked up correctly.
All has been working with no problems for about 2 months now. All of a sudden no turn signals this morning.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
make sure you parking light switch on top the steering wheel is completely off, and make sure your hazard switch is completely off.

sounds weird, but it could help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
fullerton said:
make sure you parking light switch on top the steering wheel is completely off, and make sure your hazard switch is completely off.

sounds weird, but it could help.
Well I figured it out and fixed it. You were close fullerton, Here is what happen...

As you can see in my pic above I have a 7" roll out DVD player. Well I was on my way to the doc this morning and was watching a movie on the express way ( I know really not safe blah,blah, blah, anyways) when I began to get glare from the sun coming up. So I began to adjust the screen back and forth to eliminate glare and I pressed the hazard switch with the back of my dvd player just enough to short out the blinkers without knowing it. I wrote this thread when I got home then went out and checked it. As soon as I closed up the radio to see if my hazards worked (to see if they were related) my blinkers came back and I figured it out.

Silly me, Thanks guys for the quick replies, at least I learned something today

By the way, hows my install look? I do all the mods for my car and friends sometimes too.....

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
exact same thing happened to me. went to the dealership twice, had the trun signal relay replaced. after that didn't work i finally figured out it was my avic's screen hitting the hazard button.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Insane06STi said:
Looks awesome good job, whats underneath the Defi CU?
Greddy Electronic Boost Controller (not using to control boost just a digital boost controller) and Greddy Turbo Timer

·
Registered
451 Posts
wow..no turn signals AND watchign a movie on the expressway.

just don't post how fast you were going or if you were on your cell phone at the same time that could push it over the top.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hey...had the same thing happen to me. Damn AVIC was leaning against the hazard button. Glad you got it fixed. I was sitting at a light when it happened, and i freaked out (just for a second), until my GF pulled the screen back to see if the hazards work...all of a sudden, BAM. Perfect.

~Jesse

·
Registered
935 Posts
Xyloft said:
wow..no turn signals AND watchign a movie on the expressway.

just don't post how fast you were going or if you were on your cell phone at the same time that could push it over the top.
:lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

I have an '06 STi ESX and my turn signals and Hazards are not working. I check the fuse for it and it is good. I even put in a new one just in case and still nothing. Here is whats funny....When I turn on or turn off the alarm, the turn signal lights flash like they are suppose to. So the lights flash when I turn on and off the alarm but not when I actually try to use them. I dont know what else to check. Anyone have any ideas?? I need to get my safety done but cant until I get this fixed. The fuse for the hazard lights also runs the horn and the horn does work so I dont know what else it could be. Is there a relay for the turn signals? HELP!!, thanks everyone. I have a double din in dash radio so there is no screen to push against the hazard button.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts