IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this week I was swapping the TurboXS TBE back onto my 2006 STI. After I swapped the exhaust I noticed I was unable to start the car. The car isn't used everyday so I hooked it up to my battery tender and made sure it was fully charged.

The battery is reading 12v~ and I am getting voltage to the starter lead. When I try and start the car the radio and the dash clock shut off until I release the key. I do have an aftermarket sub/radio which I unhooked and still received the same result.

When the key is left in ACC mode the car functions as expected. I don't hear anything from the starter, but I have not tested it yet while I am trying to engage the ignition. Going to get help tomorrow to check the starter directly when trying to start the car.

2006 WRX STI 195,000 mls
TurboX TBE/3" APS CAI
COBB Stage 2 MAP

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The only electric components (which is usually what prevents a car from starting) when installing a TBE are O2 sensors, so unless you forgot to plug them back in, I'd say it's a mere coincidence that it started happening after a TBE install. But there are also a couple connectors around the downpipe/firewall area that you may have disconnected, and forgot to reconnect.
Step 1) double check all your work, from the downpipe to the muffler.

Almost sounds like a bad negative terminal/cable connection. I'd check all your battery cables, terminals and grounds.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,158 Posts
After I swapped the exhaust I noticed I was unable to start the car. . . .
The battery is reading 12v~ and I am getting voltage to the starter lead. When I try and start the car the radio and the dash clock shut off until I release the key. . . .

When the key is left in ACC mode the car functions as expected. I don't hear anything from the starter,
Could be a dead or bad battery, but after that reconnect anything you disconnected . . . like tighten the battery terminals . . .you have voltage, but not current/power. You can use a battery tester after it has been charged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts