IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Your car appears to be the Steel Grey Metallic (the darker grey color in 2006, the other grey was a lighter silver (Crystal Grey Metallic)).

You used to be able to purchase each respective fog light cover side from Subaru dealer parts vendors pre-painted (the match was pretty close to the OEM painted bumper).

Note: the replacement cover will not come with the "STi" decal. You have to purchase them separately.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
FRONT BUMPER. '06MY-.. Fits: 2006 Subaru STI SEDAN 2.5L TURBO 6MT 4WD | Heuberger Subaru

Yep, from the above OEM parts catalog it appears that you are no longer able to purchase the OEM fog light covers (blank with no cutout for fog lights, or the ones for the fog lights) pre-painted anymore.

Double check the metal plate under your hood on the driver side shock tower or in between the door jamb on the drivers side at the base, I believe that your car is the 26D paint code which is for Steel Grey Metallic.

Probably will have better luck finding a used one on Ebay, or purchase a new passenger side cover and have it painted at a body shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why do you need fog lights cover? I know that many do not put these fog lights cover. Practically only those who practice off-road use them. Do you practice off-road? If so, I found you. I am also a lover of off-road. I always buy fog lights cover from Amazon. There are a lot of models, and the quality is very good. I recommend it. But concerning the lights, what do you use, the light bar or interior lights? I see that many opt for the light bar, but why? I prefer car lights interior because they are more suitable for off-road conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts