IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dislike posting questions like these but I'm trying to decide whether to buy the STi this year or the next.

I'm very seriously considering buying a 2005 STi but I'm wondering if I should wait for the 2006 (or 2007.) Has any information been released on what, if any, changes the 2005 STi will have? Will it have more power? Do you think there will be any major revisions in 2006?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the potentially annoying question.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
the all new Impreza is suppose to be released in 2006, so most likely as MY07. I have decided to wait for this model... There is no imformation on what engine specs will be.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Someone mentions some info about Subaru testing a 3.0 liter turbo motor (not sure if it's a 6 or a 4 though) but having problems with the tranny because of the massive torque (there was talk about having Getrag make the tranny).

That was something I read, so I don't know how much I believe it.

My prediction is that the STi will stay basically the same until the complete remake (as a 07 model). There might be a RA version to compete with the new Evo, but I really don't see many changes besides that.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Need Help have Broken / Bent - Rear Sway bar couplings

yeah, it's pretty standard for japanese cars to release a model, then have minor revisions 2-3 years later. after 4-5 years, they change the whole car line. Well, 2004 is the year they had revisions for the impreza (no more bug eyes) so a good guess would be 2006 or 2007 would be a major change of the line.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I say get the car now, thats still a two year wait until the new one comes out. you can not think like that, bc like in 06 the new sti comes, but what if in 07 the new awd supra or skyline whatever comes out and you wanna wait for that. just get the damm car now, enjoy it, than in two years, probably two and a half it probaly wont be come in 06 jan, than get that car if you want, or whatever new car is out. Ayte? Now Enjoy the S.T.I and dont me ask meh why! :eek: ... :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Get it now, in 2 years you might be dead! (j/k)

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think I've made up my mind. The only thing that might stop from getting one this year is the wife. She might change her mind though after our test drive this spring. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the dark side! :)

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mkewrx, hehe you've got the colour that I want. :)

I was going to try and get WRB with silver rims but the dealership said they only order WRB with gold (which isn't my taste.) The other reason WRB worries me is that we have sooooo many cops around our town that it would be a ticket magnet, and I would like to have some fun with the car when I get it. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here is a picture....

-d

·
Registered
454 Posts
Digitalfiend said:
I was going to try and get WRB with silver rims but the dealership said they only order WRB with gold (which isn't my taste.) The other reason WRB worries me is that we have sooooo many cops around our town that it would be a ticket magnet, and I would like to have some fun with the car when I get it. :)
Man, that kinda bites... I'm kinda biased, but I think WRB/silver looks better than WRB/gold...

From my driving experiences, I think the big spoiler and hoodscoop are more of a cop magnet than the color is, though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
"knock on wood" no cop encounters with the STi yet :)

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mkewrx said:
"knock on wood" no cop encounters with the STi yet :)
Where did that picture go? I never got a chance to see it. While the red X is pretty and all, I think I'll still go with Silver. :)

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, in the US, do you guys get a choice of rim colour? The sales guy at our local Subaru dealership was pretty adamant about buyers not being able to choose their rim colour. Now, granted, that might have been because they had about 5 STis on the lot and probably wanted to get rid of those first.

Personally, I'll never buy a car that has been sitting on the lot for more than two weeks, especially in this cold. Plus leaving them in direct sunlight during the summer months isn't very good for the paint/interior either. I'd rather order mine and wait for the delivery.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yup, we can choose silver or gold for the rims.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts